So many PNP HID options...help needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jblakesmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to install a PNP HID kit into stock 2012 headlights. I realize it's not the best option, but sure beats the stock option. :)

So I've heard DDM, TRS, BFXenon, etc...

Looking for a bright white look with maximum lumens. So should I go 55W with 5000 or 6000K?

A coworker of mine has a kit from Kryptonbulbs.com 35W 6000K. He has had it for quite some time with no problems in his older Chevy. Has anyone used this company before?

Thanks for everyone's expertise and time! :cheers:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DDM is probably the cheapest you will find. But their products aren't that great, and neither is the customer service. I have a DDM kit on mine right now and it is still running fine. But I cannot use the AUTO headlight feature anymore.

If you want to shell out more money, TRS and BFXenon will be a good choice. I have mostly read good things about both companies.

Also, for the brightest lights you should definitely get 55W 4300K or 5000K. I have the DDM 55W 5000K, but I want the 4300K. If you want, I am willing to trade my 5000K bulbs if you order the 4300K and a little bit of cash or I can help you install it sometime. I just want a yellower light as opposed to white, in which the 55W 5000K is pure white. I'm in Atlanta and I see you're in GA as well. Hope I helped

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out TRS, Bi-Xenon HID Elite kit. It is available with 4300, 5000 or 6000 bulbs and 35W or 50 W ballasts. The Elite H13 Bi-Xenon kit with Morimoto bulbs/ballasts and a Motocontrol harness is $160. Their kits are bullet proof, and the components are first rate.

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My TRS HIDs have given me nothing but trouble. I have the Elite kit with 50W ballasts and 6K bulbs. I was expecting an awesome product since everyone raves about them, but I'm ready to throw the kit in the trash. However, the customer service at TRS is top notch. They have replaced a bulb and ballasts once and the harness recently without question. I'm hoping that the new harness will fix the issues with my kit permanently. I should have went with DDM from the get go since they are locate to me and I didn't have any problem with them when I had them in my F250. Your best bet would be to spend the extra money and get a custom headlight from RaptorRetrofit.

Rob

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My TRS HIDs have given me nothing but trouble. I have the Elite kit with 50W ballasts and 6K bulbs. I was expecting an awesome product since everyone raves about them, but I'm ready to throw the kit in the trash. However, the customer service at TRS is top notch. They have replaced a bulb and ballasts once and the harness recently without question. I'm hoping that the new harness will fix the issues with my kit permanently. I should have went with DDM from the get go since they are locate to me and I didn't have any problem with them when I had them in my F250. Your best bet would be to spend the extra money and get a custom headlight from RaptorRetrofit.

Rob

Unsurpassed customer service is one reason TRS is so highly recommended. I've used TRS products with zero issues myself in numerous applications but if problems arise I'm confident they'll take care of it. Good luck getting everything sorted out. Nothing is more frustrating than continuing problems with a modification.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9008/H13: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Systems from The Retrofit Source Inc

here is a website i found for the HIDs quick question on what to order... would i go 35 or 50 watt? and their control relay or stand alone?

The Elite kit will have everything you'll need: bulbs, ballasts, and a wiring harness/ relay. With the 50 watt ballasts it will be a little brighter but over-driving the bulbs will reduce bulb life somewhat. But it is up to you, either choice works well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARH would you recommend to 35 watt with their control or their stand alone?
For the Raptor, order the standard MotoControl relay. The Can-Bus kit is for European brands and some Chrysler products where the bulbs are monitored through the onboard computer. HID capsules do not have metal filaments to complete the circuit and will cause a dash warning light to illuminate on those vehicles, thus requiring the Can-Bus relay kit which has a built in resistor to complete the circuit and keep the warning light off.