so if you haven't ordered already - what to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it sure seems that everyone who ordered back in the summertime, got a build date by now - pending any axle fixes, etc... but looks like we're well into december now for any orders...

given the fact that TONS of dealers are asking big markups - I think I may just end up ordering/getting a Platinum '17

seems to have all the bells/whistles (aside from the obvious looks, fox shocks, and beefier HO motor)

I'm torn between saving $20k and getting a 2016 model on the lots, or just getting the 2017 because it has the 10-spd and extra 50 ft-lbs of torque in the Gen2 motor....

decisions, decisions...

what are you guys doing? waiting on a Raptor?

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

one that is on order from my local dealer is Magnetic Metallic
bbK9iHm.png

$500 off for luxury package
$500 off for self-park tech package

$63k :Good or Bad:

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
I could have had a Platty last Feb and have chosen to wait all this time. Not going to throw the towel in now, even if my order hasn't been pulled for scheduling yet.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you get a Platinum, you could always send it over to RPG for some upgrades.

14264966_1086693978089260_464961897294768105_n.jpg

14212000_1086686128090045_7806619207751029748_n.jpg

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I debated buying a platinum and then giving her the full Roush treatment. Decided on the Raptor but if this thing doesn't get scheduled for delivery before spring / summer I'm going to take my marbles and get a platinum to build from.

Striker

Reaction score
I had the same thoughts, a platinum or raptor. The platinum I could get on the A- plan ( 2% under invoice) 64,000.00 roughly 59,000.00 invoice 57,800.00 A-plan. Im just guessing on these numbers, I can't remember 4 sure. My final decision was...... what would put a smile on my face every time I get in my truck like my gt500 makes me smile. Raptor for me, it's more expensive, but I will bet it will hold its resale value better than a platinum. Longer wait, but I'm willing to wait it out.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thoughts, a platinum or raptor. The platinum I could get on the A- plan ( 2% under invoice) 64,000.00 roughly 59,000.00 invoice 57,800.00 A-plan. Im just guessing on these numbers, I can't remember 4 sure. My final decision was...... what would put a smile on my face every time I get in my truck like my gt500 makes me smile. Raptor for me, it's more expensive, but I will bet it will hold its resale value better than a platinum. Longer wait, but I'm willing to wait it out.

i echo this

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Myself I am just waiting until spring. I was going to be that first guy here to place my order, but the insanity of finding a deal and having to take a road trip for it was an irritation. Then we got our loan to build our new home and that prevents me from purchasing a car until the house is built and final mortgage set. So our new home saved me from over paying. Things will calm down next year, and driving my old clunker another 6-9 months will save as much as 1K a month. That is a good investment.

As far as buying something else...That just is not how it works. I choose a vehicle every 12-15 years and buy what I want. I also buy what I see as the best off-road package and overall truck I can find. And that currently is the Raptor. Substituting something less unique, with less capability so I don't have to wait a few months is not for me. It blows me away here how many on this forum trade in there trucks every few years and cant wait to do so. If it was a Ram I would understand. But I make a bad investment every 12-15yrs in a new truck then drive it into the ground to maximize the bad investment at least. Not trade in every few years losing thousands.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping my Gen 1 and getting a Porsche 911 when the 2018's come out....My Gen 1 has done everything I've asked it to do. No complaints and no issues...Still runs great. It's a keeper...