slimest bumper with a winch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
what's the total width of the all the lights?

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

48"-49"

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

I was looking today, and I think I like the Race Series. I like the R as well, but want a bar on top vs. the 10 duallys.

I'll also be flanking the winch with the Whelen Mico Pioneers. They are about 4.25" x 4.25" on a single mounting post. I can order a set to send to @Addictive Desert Designs for design purposes when this thing gets up off the ground. I know at least two ( @OrangeAddict) of us want this set up with the Whelens.

We have a close partnership with Rigid Industries (They are about 5 miles from our shop) & we do not plan on redesigning the mounts for another light setup anytime soon. However, I am more than happy to take measurements for you to compare to the Whelen's if you would like.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

I'm thinking about switching over to an @Addictive Desert Designs bumper but trying to decide whether keeping my winch is worth it, and even if it'll fit for that matter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What Warn model do you have? And which ADD bumper are you interested in?

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
48"-49"

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

We have a close partnership with Rigid Industries (They are about 5 miles from our shop) & we do not plan on redesigning the mounts for another light setup anytime soon. However, I am more than happy to take measurements for you to compare to the Whelen's if you would like.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

What Warn model do you have? And which ADD bumper are you interested in?

Can you take some measurements about the mount on the race series -r? Which rigid's are you recommending for the spot next to the winch fairlead? Maybe I can look at the rigid's website to see the measurements there.

Thanks

--Cheers

Reaction score
@Addictive Desert Designs I have the Warn VR12000 model

Which bumper are you interested in?

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Can you take some measurements about the mount on the race series -r? Which rigid's are you recommending for the spot next to the winch fairlead? Maybe I can look at the rigid's website to see the measurements there.

Thanks
--Cheers

We use Rigid E series 4" lights next to the winch fairlead. There are 10 holes on top, center of hole to center of next hole is 4.5" apart.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Addictive Desert Designs I like the Venom and the Race Series R.

I like the Venom more but I'm not a fan of that hole style side panels. Would much prefer them square or mesh or not there so I can put lights behind it

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Addictive Desert Designs I like the Venom and the Race Series R.

I like the Venom more but I'm not a fan of that hole style side panels. Would much prefer them square or mesh or not there so I can put lights behind it

So the winch itself will fit no problem, the issue with your model is that it has a steel braided cable, which requires a roller lead. I am going to have to check to see if there is enough room for the roller fairlead you have. That goes for both our Race Series R & Venom. Best thing to do would be to convert to a synthetic cable, which has a billet fairlead, which is lower profile.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the winch itself will fit no problem, the issue with your model is that it has a steel braided cable, which requires a roller lead. I am going to have to check to see if there is enough room for the roller fairlead you have. That goes for both our Race Series R & Venom. Best thing to do would be to convert to a synthetic cable, which has a billet fairlead, which is lower profile.
Okay, I'll keep it in mind. It wouldn't bother me to switch to synthetic anyways because steel cable isn't fun to work with.

Thanks for the info!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
If you do switch, check out my thread on upgrades for your winch. You can get some awesome winch ropes from Master Pull - Synthetic Winch Line / Rope, Kinetic Recovery Ropes, Recovery Gear

Vote for your favorite pic
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f18/january-2017-calendar-vote-46906/
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Delta Lead
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

Mariner, Im sure its a lot cheaper to upgrade your cable to synthetic than getting a whole new winch. Thanks for the info Yukon Joe