Skid paltes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Orlando Fl. Thinking of just making one out of 1/4 or 3/8 steel. Just wouldn't have the strength bends in it. But out of 3/8 it may be stronger than the original.. Just cut to shape,paint, go to lowes for grade 8 bolts and bolt it up.. Al and all I think it will be like 50 bucks. Unless anyone has one for sale?.

1/4" will be more than enough, and should be way less than 50 bucks.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I remember tomorrow I will go look at mine. I have a new bumper and skid plate from SDHQ on its way. My skid plate got banged up at the GLRE Time Attack but I will check its condition and let you know.

D

Deleted member 12951

If I remember tomorrow I will go look at mine. I have a new bumper and skid plate from SDHQ on its way. My skid plate got banged up at the GLRE Time Attack but I will check its condition and let you know.

So what bumper did you go with?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Orlando Fl. Thinking of just making one out of 1/4 or 3/8 steel. Just wouldn't have the strength bends in it. But out of 3/8 it may be stronger than the original.. Just cut to shape,paint, go to lowes for grade 8 bolts and bolt it up.. Al and all I think it will be like 50 bucks. Unless anyone has one for sale?.

If you do wind up making your own, I personally think that steel isn't the right metal. The skid plate is aluminum. It's usually good to use like materials, especially when dealing with metals in an outdoor application, to avoid any galvanic interaction between dissimilar metals.