GEN 2 Shutting off the 'running' lights??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been seeing many raptors lately and I don't know if I prefer the three 'good running leds' above the grill.

Is there an easy guide or a fuse to shut them off?

I don't know their actual name so I am hard pressed to do a search. Lol

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor's running lights are what sets this truck apart from all the others. I would think especially the Gen2 owners would want these more than ever......

It's hard to explain but I'll try. I have had a very unique truck the past 10 years. I have people everywhere telling me they have seen me around here or there.

I am tired of being recognized everywhere. The raptor is unique, especially the '17, but nothing compared to my current.
So I was just curious if it was possible to turn them off.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Over 80" wide (mirrors not counted) requires them. That's why all duallies have the 5 lights on the roof up front, and the extra 5 on the back- typically done as 3 under the tailgate and one on each wheel well flare. Same as any big truck as well.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's hard to explain but I'll try. I have had a very unique truck the past 10 years. I have people everywhere telling me they have seen me around here or there.

I am tired of being recognized everywhere. The raptor is unique, especially the '17, but nothing compared to my current.
So I was just curious if it was possible to turn them off.

So to maintain a lower profile, you are buying one of the most unique trucks ever built and think that 3 little amber lights are going to give you away? Come on now.....:ROFLJest:

I suppose that you could just unplug them. There is a wire loom that runs under the hood. I would say these days that 99% of the stupid drivers on the road don't even know that the 3 lights indicate a wider vehicle anyway. I would also say that 99% of the law enforcement community don't know that either. But, get into an accident or pass that one patrolman that knows the rules, and you could be setting yourself up for trouble.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sense.

I know the raptor is unique, the lights are not a deciding factor. Just was curious.