shocks feel stiff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been a while since, i took my raptor for a good offroad trip, didnt have time becaue of work and now Im a new dad :) , anyways csme down to san felipe 250 guys only offroad trip, so we decide to do a good desert run.

I dont I why but i feel my truck stiff :S i never rebuild my shocks before it a 2010 with 43k miles, no leaks or anything, my suspension its prety much stock, except for the deavers and uca's, could it be because i havent offroad for a while?

Were still here in san felipe, bc. Todays is race day

OP
OP
svtchris1021

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same think , they are not soft, they feel hard even with the tire's air down, but i guess a rebuild would probably work, :/ any place you guys recommend??? Im in the san diego area

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same think , they are not soft, they feel hard even with the tire's air down, but i guess a rebuild would probably work, :/ any place you guys recommend??? Im in the san diego area

go to shockseals.com i ordered parts from them but they do the rebuild as well and i believe they are down in so cal

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Its been a while since, i took my raptor for a good offroad trip, didnt have time becaue of work and now Im a new dad :) , anyways csme down to san felipe 250 guys only offroad trip, so we decide to do a good desert run.

I dont I why but i feel my truck stiff :S i never rebuild my shocks before it a 2010 with 43k miles, no leaks or anything, my suspension its prety much stock, except for the deavers and uca's, could it be because i havent offroad for a while?

Were still here in san felipe, bc. Todays is race day

A rebuild is definitely in order and I'm guessing they feel stiff off-road compared to previously because you might be blowing through the travel and bottoming the shock faster than usual because of the lack of damping.

We are located in South Orange County so not to far from you if you need us to service the shocks for you.

Have fun down in Mex.

Jarrett

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A rebuild is definitely in order and I'm guessing they feel stiff off-road compared to previously because you might be blowing through the travel and bottoming the shock faster than usual because of the lack of damping.

Exactly.
A clapped out set of national's will feel the same way btw.