SHO runs 12.7 with just tune & air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GOODLIFE

Reaction score
I'm sure most would loke to see how Ford is opening a Costco sized can with the new EcoBoost. This may also help those guys that are concerned with the possibility of EcoBoost making it into trucks.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Taurus-Timeslip-20034.html

I did some looking around online and there seem to be 2 good SHO tuner guys out there and one other big company that can get the job done for quite a bit more and possibly a less enjoyable experience.

The guy with this car fabbed up a cheap intake. I think it's more like just a filter upgrade with no box or intake pipe. As far as I know it is stock exhaust and I don't think anyone is making down pipes or mid pipes for this application yet. I could be wrong.

I think he was running 13.8 stock and worked his way down to 12.9 then 12.75. I've heard of them doing between 13.7 stock and 14.1 and doing at least 13.1 with similiar mods.

There is this car too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNigmGSvu3k

As far as I'm concerned, this engine seems to be nothing but good. It responds very well to tunes, makes good torque and gets good gas mileage. Good job Ford. I know turbo engines respond great to tuning but a second off the 1/4 mile has got to be substantially above average, no? Same with the dyno vid. Am I the only one who thinks this is one of the best deals out there?

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes please.

I know there are V8 purists out there that are rolling their eyes. I can understand it.

But I can also understand that progress is progress. Ford is disproving the old adage "There's no replacement for displacement", and their doing it with style.

Bravo Ford!

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that other guy, in the video, the person I have heard terrible things about? Just asking.

I think I may talk my wife into one of these instead of the Stang...more room and not slow (even when stock) and they look sharp.

OP
OP
G

GOODLIFE

Reaction score
Yeah, I think they are right on pace with a Mustang GT stock vs stock. To get a Mustang well into the 12's takes a little more than a tune though.

I'm not sure what person you are talking about.

OP
OP
G

GOODLIFE

Reaction score
I don't think this guy used HPE. They seem to have a similiar rep over there. Their prices are silly.

OP
OP
G

GOODLIFE

Reaction score
I think 3 people tune this engine: SCT, Modular Depot, and Hennesey.

SCT I think makes the tuner and does a canned tune.

Modular Depot I think uses the SCT and tweaks it for more power.

Hennesy just uses the canned tune, I think, but I don't really want to advertise for them.

Oh yeah, I think NESHO (North East SHO) uses the SCT tuner and tweaks it too. They seem to be legit enthusiasts like Modular Depot.

TehKing

I'll stuff you all in the crust!
Reaction score
The Ecoboost is a beast.

I have no problem saying it ranks up there on the best engine's list of the past 25 years.

:cool: