Shipping your Raptor out of state

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in AZ, where every dealer wants sticker plus.
So, I bought at invoice from Van Bortel Ford in NY - awesome dealership, super easy to deal with.
That left the problem of shipping the truck to me.
I know alot of us are in the same boat, and I wanted to take some of the headache out of it.
There are options when it comes to shipping cross country:

Sites like UShip - You post a desired price (kind of like priceline), and the many shipping companies on there decide if they will take the price or not. The companies are brokers, not the actual truckers.
Advantages - you name your price
Disadvantages - Your price may not be taken
You don't know who is shipping your truck.
The time to pick up and deliver is not set. You may post a price and not have it picked up for over a week.

Broker (AmeriFreight, Magic Carpet, etc)
You call them and they post onto central dispatch, where your "order" gets picked up by a trucker. You don't set the price.
Advantages - you know how much you are paying
Brokers have good insurance coverage and can streamline
the process.
Disadvantages - Still not dealing with the actual trucker
Time to pickup still up in the air as it depends on a
trucker accepting the bid.

Direct hauling co
This is, in my opinion, the best option. I ended up going through a broker because I didn't know this option even existed. If I did it over again, I would call direct.
Advantages - you know the company and truckers/ who is hauling
Good scheduling
Direct contact with the actual shipping co not 3rd party
Disadvantages - none that I could see, and no broker getting a cut

The company that ended up delivering my truck is Sutton Hauling and Transport. They are out of Akron, NY but have 5 routes all over the US. Many of us have to buy out of state to get a decent deal, so I thought this info may be useful. My trucker's name is Sean, and he was very receptive to the idea of exposure on this forum and getting calls direct. They also haul motorcycles and horses. In my opinion, their company is top notch and delivered my truck on time and with no issues - meticulous.
Sutton Hauling
(800)557-3054
talk to Sean, let him know you are on the Raptor Forum and know Joe (me)
[email protected]