Shipping to NJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The sticker indicates how it leaves the plant. Not how it’s shipped to your dealer.

Usually it’s Rail -> Convoy but in some cases it’s Convoy -> Rail -> Convoy.

Only to the dealers who are very close to the plants are it just straight “Convoy”.

The only thing the sticker will tell you is the first leg (how it leaves the factory) and the rail ramp code for your dealer (assuming it gets on a rail).

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The sticker indicates how it leaves the plant. Not how it’s shipped to your dealer.

Usually it’s Rail -> Convoy but in some cases it’s Convoy -> Rail -> Convoy.

Only to the dealers who are very close to the plants are it just straight “Convoy”.

The only thing the sticker will tell you is the first leg (how it leaves the factory) and the rail ramp code for your dealer (assuming it gets on a rail).
He doesn’t know what “by convoy” means so you’re still talking gibberish…to him. Might want to dumb it down a little.

Bulldog17

Reaction score
Don't know where in NJ you are. I'm outside Philly, my Gen 2 came by rail to a yard off of 95 where it intersects with 322. From that yard to dealer by truck.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how ford ships trucks to NJ area? My truck has been build a month ago and has not shipped. Trying to understand how long this will take.
It’s always by train to a depot close to dealer then by truck to dealership. Usually 1 month from build is delivery. Any longer usually on chip hold but they don’t note it sometimes

RdR2027

Reaction score
Had a F250 I ordered sitting in SLC for three weeks waiting for a "full truck load" to bring it to Idaho. Have heard of longer waits than that. Depends on how many vehicles are going our way.

quadmaster922

Reaction score
I’m shocked to hear that. They are only the biggest thieves around as they own multiple stealerships. They have an incoming Bronco Raptor at a mere 35k over sticker. I don’t understand how ford allows it. The dealership has to be making way more on that vehicle than they.
It should not be allowed by ford, unfortunately the supply and demand has caused all these greedy dealership’s to gouge us consumer‘s, my Raptor was 25k & my GT 500 is 10k over MSRP

toolmanglenn

Reaction score
Does anyone know how ford ships trucks to NJ area? My truck has been build a month ago and has not shipped. Trying to understand how long this will take.
Mine was shipped on a train to Newark. Then a car carrier to dealer

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new ordered 2017 super duty was 3 mos late, by rail to Irvine, 100 miles away, lost and some damage they said they fixed which we never did find out what it was or what was fixed. Been a great truck since though. Really a pain since I haul a camper and had traded in 2011 with all custom brackets. Good luck