Sent just a little too hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
You did get off lucky it could have been a lot worse. Smart off roading lesson is to always pre-run an unknown road, field or trail slow an easy to make sure it is safe to hit it hard! Unseen boulders, barbed wire fences, end of a cliff or as you found a big deep ditch.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Next time make sure you go full throttle as you go off the road and jump that shit!!! About 20 years back I was cranking around on my dirt bike in a heavily wooded coal mining area. I "kind of" knew the area. I came around a corner in the woods on a wide single track and thankfully noticed that the trees ahead disappeared! I stopped quick and realized the reason there were no trees ahead was because the trail dropped off about 60 feet into a small, abandoned slate quarry! That put permanent manners on me when you don't know an area well. I was only about 30 feet from doing an unplanned thrill show jump.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was putting around and I drove past a dead end where saw a long dirt trail that went around it. I immediately wanted to hit that sucker hard, and I had the truck going at least 50 at one point! The surface started to deteriorate a bit and I was focusing on the road, and didn't notice that it turned. Then before I knew it there was a ditch concealed by vegetation and in she went.

The road was nice and dry when I hit the trail, but by the time my help arrived it had of course started to rain and the clay road turned to snot. My help was a 2wd dually tow truck that was crab walking in that nasty stuff, but it gave the Rap just enough help to dig itself out! It all could've been so much worse. To top it off my truck is in great shape, and the help only cost $100. Still cleaning all this crap up. Had to take off both drivers side wheels because there was mud packed in the brakes. Now just mostly focused on the inside the truck trying to get it dried out and clean.

Lesson learned: slow tf down until you know the road!
No Ragrets

kno_wha_im_sayin dawg.