Seat bracket breaking/harness question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny@Hammerbuilt

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I run my truck…hard. I’ve broken 2 seat motor brackets in the past year (motorcraft part mm1143) that holds the motor that takes the seat forward/backwards. Just ordered #3

Im not fat, im 6’0 175 ish. I just tun my truck and when I take a hard landing the bracket breaks. Ive seen two others break so its not a common issue but not rare either.

Attached is a picture of the bracket, its plastic which is the issue. So im thinking possible fixes to keep my ass planted a little better and not smashing down on my seat on a hard landing so thinking a harness may be the issue. I’d rather not go bucket seats but understand that may be the answer & just accept ill lose my luxury seat features.

Is there any decent harnesses I can use for the factory seats? Id rather not cage which from what I understand limits me to 3 & 4 point harnesses.

FD9CAE9F-B716-4996-BC10-98FDF7102DA7.jpeg