SCREW v. SCAB: Please give me *your* "legal opinion" on this important case.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M1919A2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
George Carlin always said " if you have to many needs get rid of some"

Sound advise for those with - Too much FAMILY!

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

I'll tell you this. When I ordered my Raptor, I ordered a Tuxedo Black screw. 30 minutes later I went back & changed it to a Oxford White Scab. I was looking at the Molten Orange Scab they had on the lot & due to it's width, the raptor looks better in a supercab IMO. I sat in my buddies Scab & I'm 6' & they are easily 6'3, & we all fit surprisingly comfortably. I like the sportier look to the Scab. If you want a Screw the get a Harley Truck. They look better in a Screw & cost about the same. The Raptor should only come in the Scab like the Lightning came in only one size.

I'm with you on the Extended Cab (hate the term "scab") but consider this, with all the familized guys out there, the production of the 'Raptor' was enlarged and the price for the Extended Cad stayed below the stratosphere, just saying!

Mayhem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the Scab, I drive both a scab and a screw... And I hate the length of the screw.

I NEVER ever ever encounter a situation in my scab where I miss the room in the screw.. EVER.... and I've never had anyone in the back seat complain.
I've never ever thought to myself in the screw.. (wow... this is something I couldn't get away with in my scab) But mannnn the number of times the scab handles things the screw would be a pain in the ass to do. (from a steering/control/radius standpoint)

If anyone DID complain. They could always walk, or buy their own truck and drive themselves.

I absolutely hate the turning radius on the screw compared to the scab. Not that I can't deal with it.. It's not unbearable or anything.... It is just noticably less like-able in the screw. Parking is SOOOOO insanely easy in the scab... Easier than several much much smaller cars I've driven. The radius + visibility are nice imo.

I can't seriously think of any reason anyone could really absolutely NEED a screw over the scab... the scab provides plenty of room.. I am amazed at the stuff I can fit into the back seat in the scab.. (Really not that much worse off than the screw)

As for the suicide doors being an issue shopping? Thats kind of a weird complaint... but I have to say I disagree and tend to prefer the suicide doors than the screw... because of the angle of the opening, the floor is more accessible in the scab since you can come at it from a more forward angle, rather than from behind the seat. Plus you don't have to walk around the door if you have both open to swap stuff from front to back... You have access to both ends at once. Love it.

I find the Screw takes wayyy too much enjoyment outta the drive for me. I would honestly get something else, if that was the only choice I had. Scab handles/turns/feels perfect. I don't like the long wheel-base feel in any vehicle. Currently drive 2 rides with a longer wheelbase than my scab... Just don't enjoy it.

Looks better.. And idc what anyone says, nobody "NEEEEDS" more than a scab.. It's a want. People are just too spoiled.

Sorry to you Screws... Personal opinion ! Don't like it.. then Screw you.. haha

Anyway, mark me down for voting Scab. The Original Raptor. Short & Sweet.

Save some money.

THRAPTOR

Reaction score
If your twenty something, single and don't drive on long drives get a scab.
If you are a family man and have kids and drive long distances get a screw.
A in town trip in the back of a scab is ok but in no way compares to all the room in the back of a screw for a long distance trip.
36 gallon fuel tank in the screw compared to the tiny 26 in the scab.
More towing more room.
I love my screw!
I know several people who first had scabs then bought a screw.
Bottom line - it's a Raptor!!
You'll love what ever choice you make!
PS- I usually only see scabs in my rear view mirror!
Rib joke kid!

trentw12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GO WITH SCREW!!! THAT EXTRA 12 INCHES MAKES IT MORE ROOMY TO BONE THE WIFE IN THE BACK SEAT!!!! MY WIFE ACTUALLY POINTED THIS OUT!!! LOL GAVE NEW MEANING TO "BREAKING IN" A NEW TRUCK!!! OF COURSE SHE LIKES THE IDEA OF THE BEDRUG I AM GETTING FOR IT TOO!!! :Jedi:

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GO WITH SCREW!!! THAT EXTRA 12 INCHES MAKES IT MORE ROOMY TO BONE THE WIFE IN THE BACK SEAT!!!! MY WIFE ACTUALLY POINTED THIS OUT!!! LOL GAVE NEW MEANING TO "BREAKING IN" A NEW TRUCK!!! OF COURSE SHE LIKES THE IDEA OF THE BEDRUG I AM GETTING FOR IT TOO!!! :Jedi:

yep more room for action :waytogo: :) bedrug will give you carpet burns lol

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was all for getting the Scab from day one. Until I drove a Screw. The extra space in the Crew is a no brainer. I love the space in the back.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant believe no one has mentioned the extra 10 gallons of gas a screw can carry...interesting.

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
0-60 screw is faster than the scab (according to car & driver) :)

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
love my screw, about turning radius and parking

ITS A BIG TRUCK **** AND RUN SHIT OVER ALREADY!