SCAB to SCREW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tone228

Reaction score
I thought SCABs aren't available with a sunroof. I know for sure you cannot get a pano roof on a SCAB. Does Ford offer a smaller sunroof for SCABs?

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought SCABs aren't available with a sunroof. I know for sure you cannot get a pano roof on a SCAB. Does Ford offer a smaller sunroof for SCABs?
ford discontinued the sunroof on the scab for 19 & 20.

OP
OP
Yf22jet

Yf22jet

Reaction score
ford discontinued the sunroof on the scab for 19 & 20.
Makes sense honestly I’m happy with the decision as for an off-road vehicle the idea of a sunroof made no sense to me. I guess I just ruled out so many screws cause of the sunroof that I was happy I found a scab without one I never even thought to see if they still put them in or not.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Makes sense honestly I’m happy with the decision as for an off-road vehicle the idea of a sunroof made no sense to me. I guess I just ruled out so many screws cause of the sunroof that I was happy I found a scab without one I never even thought to see if they still put them in or not.

It doesn't make sense tho. The only cab config that had problems with moonroofs was the SCREW.
They took away the option that worked and left the one that (occasionally) has problems.

Fwiw, the moonroof problems are overblown, at least in regards to offroad induced failures. Seen my Crew buddies take some good hits and have no problems, and seen mall crawler regular F150s detrack for seemingly no reason.

I have a moonroof and have had zero problems, and my truck gets off the ground with regularity.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2017 SCAB has a normal sunroof. It has started making a loud thunk when you open it. I’ve been told on here that it’s the same problem as the pano. Sticky seals and if you let it go long enough the same cheap plastic pieces will break. Dunno how accurate it is but I’ll check it out after the thaw.