SCAB to SCREW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
owner of a 2019 scab ,saw plenty of Screw,but still waiting to see another Scab,feel special!
me ,my dog and bicycle and plenty space in garage.
just a choice.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from a '17 SCAB to a '19 SCREW. We also didn't think we needed the room in the cab and it was $3K less.

After a couple of really long road trips (1000 miles+) with seats folded up for our 85lb Labrador - wasn't really enough room for him. Sold the SCAB to a member here and purchased a CPO SCREW. Been a good decision for us - the room is amazing and with a kid in college, we have filled up the bed and cab with her stuff on a couple of moves back and forth. The larger gas tank has been nice too - I didn't really care when I bought the SCAB but it's sure nice to have 600+ miles of range. Also - did not like the suicide doors - pain in tight parking situations and I always had to unbuckle with letting my kids in/out.

I do think the SCAB looked better and more proportional, but I would never go back.

Bad V2

Reaction score
Get another SCAB if you don't need the interior space. Simple. But, you may have to search longer and pay. Worth it though. Plus, way more fun to drive hard. Definitely a "sport" truck.

OP
OP
Yf22jet

Yf22jet

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up deciding to hold out for a scab and luckily found an leadfoot 802a with only 5k miles in Georgia for a decent price so I am flying down there and road tripping it home this weekend. Will be sure to post some picks when I get it. Super excited to find a scab and to find an 802a without a moonroof was huge and it being leadfoot was just another bonus.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up deciding to hold out for a scab and luckily found an leadfoot 802a with only 5k miles in Georgia for a decent price so I am flying down there and road tripping it home this weekend. Will be sure to post some picks when I get it. Super excited to find a scab and to find an 802a without a moonroof was huge and it being leadfoot was just another bonus.

congrats- that’s a bit of a unicorn there, a SCAB Raptor that has 802a luxury package & no roof = best of both worlds for you it sounds like....most SCABs I saw back when I bought my first Raptor in 2018 seemed like they were 800-801a typically

lead foot is great too

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For context my 2019 scab 801a was totaled and so I am now in the process of trying to find a new truck. I can’t find any scabs for sale for a decent price(out of principle I refuse to pay over sticker for any truck let alone a used one). This leaves me with the option of going with a screw raptor or moving onto something else(6.7 tremor?). I loved my scab because it felt light a performance car almost. I could throw it around on the road and it felt “small”. Off road the shorter length and better turning made it a really enjoyable experience(eastern US). I’m worried if I go with a screw I’ll lose some of these qualities that made me love my truck. The way I see it is a screw is just a bigger heavier version of my truck. Am I way over analyzing and the screw isn’t as big of a difference as I’m making it out to be? Has anyone driven both who can comment on this? I’m really just curious if it’s a noticeable difference in power and Handel if or if the extra few feet and couple hundred pounds ends up being negligible in the end.

also I understand a tremor 6.7 is a lot bigger, but if I’m going to lose the small nimble feeling I might as well have 1050 ft/lbs to run away from my sadness lol

I've driven both (own a SCAB) and the SCREW is noticeably less sporty and handy. For several years I wondered how people could complain about our trucks being slow (on and offroad) - failing to consider most people drive SCREWs. There's a reason Ford only offered SCABs the first year or two.

The difference is big enough to me that I'm glad I didn't opt for a SCREW - tho I do wish I had one for family trips on occasion. YMMV.