Rust on 2013 Model ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

My SCAB is only 2 months old and less than 1000 miles with no serious off roading yet. Was shocked recently to see that there is a lot of rust underneath. If the rusting continues like this - especially when I will take it off roading - then I do not see this truck lasting too much! What kind of metal FoMoCo is using in this truck? Any advise what to do? Plus I always wash it thouroughly when going off road and coming back home.

Also - does anybody have any knowledge where to buy a Raptor All Weather Cover? So far I checked several places but all have only for standard F-150.

Best,
GT

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I shot the shit out mine with WD40 before I started driving around in the salt. I'm going to wait till I can get mine on a lift to wash the bottom in order to spray the bottom with the Amsoil HD Metal protection. WD40 will help though.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash off underneath.Wipe dry with microfiber cloth.
Spray all black surfaces with Rust-Oleum Rust Reformer.
Use a clear-coat or metal protect spray on shocks & any surfaces you do not want colored.

USA steel is almost no-longer. Alloying on 3rd world foriegn steel sucks. Heat treatments are proprietary.
Most Steel companies in USA cannot compete thanks to EPA & Entiltlements payouts.
Steel is a Commodity. When alot of it gets dummped into the market - the price goes down.
That is why Bain lost on a steel company they were supporting years ago.

TimReeves

Reaction score
Removal of rust from metal is a tough task to accomplish. You first try to clear off all the rust from the metal surface. Try using an appropriate metal rust remover that will help you in easier and effective rust removal. I use Innosoft B570 for this. You too can try buying this or any other similar organic product that would not harm the metal. Since you said you regularly wash your vehicle, this might be the reason that the water on the lower portion may not be drying soon and thus causing rust. It is important to remember a few basic points about why metals rust and methods to prevent corrosion of metals.