RTT for Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kings4thecup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys-

Curious for those of you who have a RTT.

Im looking to get a hardshell tent and because my parking structure at work...i can't get a tent that'll fit above my roof.

For those of you in similar positions...which RTT hardshell tent did you go with? I was looking at the Ikamper 3.0 mini or the Alpha Tuff Stuff 2. Open to others...but those seem to be the only hardshell tents that'll work for me given my situation.

XwerX

Reaction score
I’m in the process of transferring this setup to my Raptor. The tent is a Roofnest Condor XL mounted to a Frontrunner rack with tall legs. The bed cover is a Retrax XR. Overall I’m happy with the setup. When the tent is closed it is slightly higher than the cab by maybe 1.5-2 inches.

35A00BCE-E1DE-4F09-8123-2B3CC2282F89.jpeg

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've got a ton of options if you're interested in hearing some! We have a bunch in stock from iKamper, Roofnest, Roam, and James Baroud.

The iKamper Skycamp 3.0 is an amazing tent and super great quality. I'm more than happy to talk about what makes this a great tent as well as look for any forum member pricing for you.

OP
OP
K

Kings4thecup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the process of transferring this setup to my Raptor. The tent is a Roofnest Condor XL mounted to a Frontrunner rack with tall legs. The bed cover is a Retrax XR. Overall I’m happy with the setup. When the tent is closed it is slightly higher than the cab by maybe 1.5-2 inches.

View attachment 399883
Damn..that loooks epic! I ended up getting an Ikamper skycamp 2.0 used for $2400. It was nearly in perfect condition. Already mounted it too on the frontrunner racks. Cant wait to put it to use!

jakerjaker19

Reaction score

View attachment 399883
Noticed you have 3 of the FR load bars, which is a good idea for that tent at 165 Lbs. Ive owned that tent before. How much bounce and shake did you get with that set up? I recently purchased the same FR load bars, but only two of them. I have a I Kamper mini 3 at 120lbs. I mounted the 120 lb tent on the two bars and did 2 hours of driving various terrain. I ended up ended up concerned with the bounce, and side to side shake. Just doesn't seem stable over time, especially with any hard core off-roading. Im curious your thoughts.

XwerX

Reaction score
Noticed you have 3 of the FR load bars, which is a good idea for that tent at 165 Lbs. Ive owned that tent before. How much bounce and shake did you get with that set up? I recently purchased the same FR load bars, but only two of them. I have a I Kamper mini 3 at 120lbs. I mounted the 120 lb tent on the two bars and did 2 hours of driving various terrain. I ended up ended up concerned with the bounce, and side to side shake. Just doesn't seem stable over time, especially with any hard core off-roading. Im curious your thoughts.

I actually have the Frontrunner slimeline tray, which I’m sure is a bit more robust than just the load bars. There is bounce but not excessive. I would consider myself a spirited driver and haven’t had any issues even up to 100mph. That being said if I was to attend a raptor run somewhere in the desert I would likely remove the tent. My F150 is setup with Kings and Deaver suspension and I have blasted down fire roads with the tent attached.