RPG stage 3 installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the good write up Pirate, I will have Corey give you a call so he can figure out a perfect solution to the exhaust. Or you can always to what I do and dump that SOB underneath the truck :).

It just takes the springs some time to settle. They should stay where they are at now and the ride should soften as they get some miles on them.

The most likely reason you had to beat it on with a rubber mallet was because your frame rail was almost certain to be pushed up in from the OE bump. We had to do the same with my truck. No big deal, its all smooth sailing from here on out now that the brace is on there.

I really think you hit the nail on the head with the performance. I have always said, getting the frame support is the cookie on top. The smile on your faces will come from how much better the truck works with the whole stage 3 setup. Having the rear-end working correctly will also make the front end work much better because the rear is bucking all over and shoving the front in the holes. Simply put, it helps round out the package.

Thanks again "Steve"

Jarrett

You guys are fast!! Just got off the phone with Corey a little bit ago lol. Looks and functional stand point, I agree with you on dumping the exhaust. I've pulled the tail pipes off at the muffler before and I think I get a better exhaust note with the tail pipes on, so I'm kinda torn on what to do.

I would agree on why I had to use a rubber mallet. Installing on a non bent frame would be a fairer assessment, but I didn't wanna leave any "issues" I encountered out. Certainly none of the "problems" I had would stop me from doing it over again, or recommending the kit to other folks. Can't expect parts measured from a non bent frame to slide over bent a frame..

The nationals did awesome. The way they transform the whole truck is incredible! I didn't even feel the bumps hit/work and after think about it, I thought; that's the point!! No more harsh back breaking bottoming out, just a smooth bump soaking action.

Thanks guys!

Pirate,

Thank you for taking the time to make a great independent write up of these parts. I have watched all of these different vendors come out with their versions of "THE FIX" and have wondered who or what is the direction to choose. I think the greatest part of your write up is the quoted part above about what happens when you wot on ruts, sand, gravel, ice and you stated the truck planted and accelerated. That to me says this may be the direction to go. Thank you very much for your professional evaluation.:waytogo:

No problem! I tell you I've never driven (even in the best surface conditions) that road in 2x2 like I did Saturday night. Always had to use 4x4 to carry that kind of speed. The rear end would dance around crazy, totally different now.