Rock/underbody lights for a purpose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever mess with rock lights on the bottom? I'm stepping in-and-out of the truck a lot at the ranch at night, and I thought it would be nice to light up the ground better to avoid an expensive snake bite. I see they sell specific "rock" lights but an underbody strip light kit might work just the same. Something I could wire to an upfitter switch and only use when needed.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess one reason the perimeter lighting on the Gen3 is nice to have. Otherwise I find it useless.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I put some rock lights on my side by side ; Yam RMAX 1k for similar reasons. I get the best bang for the buck at the wheel wells but I can see where maybe along the running boards would be helpful. No easy way to do that on the RMAX. I can also see they’ll be a PITA to keep clean.

Make sure you have enough wiring to complete the task. The kit I got for the rmax was barely enough and that’s not a big rig.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i have had lights under my truck for years. i can work on something uder my truck at night without a flashlight if i needed. i recently took them off though when i got new sidesteps so i need to put new lights down there again

SEANRAPTOR

Reaction score
View attachment 369253
View attachment 369254
2021 Raptor 35. I had amber kc hilites cyclone v2 rock lights installed front, rear, and attached under the running boards. Wired to switch #4.

Nice!!! Were you able to use the wiring that the KC cyclones came with and run it all fit back to the fuse block? I am looking to do this as well on my gen 2! Thanks!