Report: 2019 F-150 Raptor To Receive Ford’s New 7.0L DOHC V8 Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
One of the comments at the above link. (emphasis / bold / underline is mine)

"TO CLEAR THINGS UP THE NEW ENGINE 7.X LITER IS NOT GOING IN THE F150. Windsor star got it wrong.I was at the ratification,and got clarification that it is not going in the f 150 . Only in the Super Duty trucks, fleet vehicles. And possibly RVs."

I am also seeing speculation that this motor will be used in the GT500 & new Lightning. Have to love the rumor mill.

MustangAndRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the guys who said they would just sell their EB V6s and buy a new V8 Gen2, well, that's fair enough. But you do realize, if a V8 Gen2 is announced, your V6 Gen2's value will drop lower than a lead ball in the sea. But hey, if you can afford it, you can do what you want!

Exactly what I was thinking. A lot of people are convincing themselves the V6 is great just because that's the only choice they have if they want a gen 2. I love everything about the truck except the engine, sorry it just doesn't suit a truck like the raptor imo. Went to the local dealer and while they wouldn't let me test drive it without starting paperwork (on a truck I don't even know if I want) he did start it up and rev it. Sounds like a damn Corolla revving. Pretty sad

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking. A lot of people are convincing themselves the V6 is great just because that's the only choice they have if they want a gen 2. I love everything about the truck except the engine, sorry it just doesn't suit a truck like the raptor imo. Went to the local dealer and while they wouldn't let me test drive it without starting paperwork (on a truck I don't even know if I want) he did start it up and rev it. Sounds like a damn Corolla revving. Pretty sad

more torque.... at a lower rpm.....getting better gas mileage doing it......cries for a v8 :win:

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you drive one like you stole it, I guarantee you won't give a damn about what it sounds like. I don't.

Of course if a better engine comes out then I might be tempted to upgrade, but I'm happy with what I got now.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Your Gen isMuch better for YOU.

We'll see if you follow your own advice in 2 years, so between now and then, let us rust peacefully in our old world steel bodies with antiquated marine motors. By then I'll have 120k on my motor which is the break in period, haha.

My living will specifically requires my casket to be mounted to the bed rack before burial (truck and all) with full GenWar veteran honors.

I usually keep my trucks for 4-5 years so whatever is out on the market at that time will be what I buy. Yeah I'd rather have a TT V8 but I'm also not incessantly posting about how butthurt I am that Ford didn't release the Gen II with what I really wanted. I have no complaints about what it has in it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drive minimum 100 miles round trip for work daily. Im glad I get 15mpg not 11.

But, I was more pointing out that it does more with less
If you're only getting 15 mpg with your gen2, that's less than what I get with my gen 1, my 6.2 gets just over 16 mpg while averaging 70 mph driving up and down the mountain highways, maybe that's attributed to the free flowing headers and dual exhaust and as a bonus I don't have to rev the shit out of truck to sound manly

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Real world gas mileage is not great with the ecoboost. Never has been. The lighter body has helped a little but it's not worth writing home about.

MustangAndRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive minimum 100 miles round trip for work daily. Im glad I get 15mpg not 11.

But, I was more pointing out that it does more with less

but is also way more complex than the 6.2 which makes me worry about long term and offroad reliability. I drive 10 miles a day tops unless I am heading out to the desert so mpg doesnt matter to me at all and I am happy to give up the mpg for a dumbed down V8 rather than a V6TT.