Replacement heavy duty skid plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently banged up with factory skid plate in the desert and am surprised how easy it was to bend. I looked at the Ford Racing skid plate and can't imagine it is much stronger with the reinforcement it has.

Does anyone make a heavy duty skid plate to replace the factory one? I'm not looking to change the entire bumper and would like to maintain a near factory look.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
You will probably have to get someone to fabricate something for you. I haven't seen any replacement skids but I know there is a demand for them. Call Ryan at ADD and see what they say.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will probably have to get someone to fabricate something for you. I haven't seen any replacement skids but I know there is a demand for them. Call Ryan at ADD and see what they say.
x2 calling Ryan. I know he was looking for 'new product' suggestions a while back. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's already got something in the works.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently banged up with factory skid plate in the desert and am surprised how easy it was to bend. I looked at the Ford Racing skid plate and can't imagine it is much stronger with the reinforcement it has.

Does anyone make a heavy duty skid plate to replace the factory one? I'm not looking to change the entire bumper and would like to maintain a near factory look.

Did you find a better skid plate and bumper?

Here is a thread on the hefty fab works skids.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=525653

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
AUH1

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting the ADD bumper since my factory bumper and skid plate got very banged up. Now the skid plate on my ADD bumper needs to be straightened out or replaced. I guess I am too aggressive but with the dunes we have here sometimes you have to punch it or get stuck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I realize you spent the money already with ADD but the best way to prevent this is to get a bumper that requires cutting of the front frame horns. I'm very happy with my LEX "Mega Bumper". RPG and WSI have some great options as well.

3.0 shocks will also help as they keep the front from bottoming out better than the stockers. Icon's have an internal bump stop which helps even more.

Of course these all cost a good chunk of change lol.

OP
OP
AUH1

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize you spent the money already with ADD but the best way to prevent this is to get a bumper that requires cutting of the front frame horns. I'm very happy with my LEX "Mega Bumper". RPG and WSI have some great options as well.

3.0 shocks will also help as they keep the front from bottoming out better than the stockers. Icon's have an internal bump stop which helps even more.

Of course these all cost a good chunk of change lol.

Interesting thanks for sharing. Will keep in mind as I upgrade more parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD