Removing hard water stains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with water spots. Post up in the new members section.

I use Griot's on everything. Took a bit to get used to on my sandwiches.
I too use the Griot’s products , because I can obtain them at local stores and have been very happy with their performance. I got more than the normal amount of trail pin striping from Sundays outing. I went to a local car wash just to spray off the sandstone mud to lessen the amount of mud on my driveway.
I’ve not hand washed yet but know I have some pretty good blemishes, not scratches, any suggestions on what product to use to address the blemishes. I have recently been using the Groits Ceramic wax and detailing spray but may need something a little more aggressive this time. The front passenger fender flare has some” blemishes” as well, I’ve seen other posts on here that the fender flairs may be a bit more difficult to correct. At any rate, I’m not gonna obsess over it, I bought this particular truck to do trails and off roading and it’s just gonna get some marks on it.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 35 year body shop tech (for Ford) taught me to use aluminum wheel cleaner with OOOO steel wool. The steel wool does not damage the glass at all. The glass looks like new. The acid in the cleaner dissolves the stains easily. Vinegar is also a very good cleaner as its acidic. When you buy the high dollar cleaners online, you're buying the same thing for a lot more money.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 2006 f-150 that both driver side and passenger side windows were so bad I couldn’t see the mirrors I bought that headlight kit to clear up the lens and used it on my windows i could not believe how fast and easy it was and cleaned up so well mind you these were not water sports they were scratches from the windows going up and down near as I could tell but it worked.

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 2006 f-150 that both driver side and passenger side windows were so bad I couldn’t see the mirrors I bought that headlight kit to clear up the lens and used it on my windows i could not believe how fast and easy it was and cleaned up so well mind you these were not water sports they were scratches from the windows going up and down near as I could tell but it worked. It was a Mother’s version of their headlight cleaning kit
I thought there was something missing so I fixed it lol

I had a 2006 f-150 that both driver side and passenger side windows were so bad I couldn’t see the mirrors I bought that headlight kit to clear up the lens and used it on my windows i could not believe how fast and easy it was and cleaned up so well mind you these were not water sports they were scratches from the windows going up and down near as I could tell but it worked.