remote start and black centre console screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok. another update.

so it gets a bit wierder....

it's not as simple as how i described and is basically a by-product of me trying to film a review.

i start the car with remote start, showing off how awesome a feature it is. the car runs. i hop in, plug the key in, turn to on. yap some more into the camera. the car is sitting idle as i yap some more. after a while there's a beep that comes over the speakers and the screen goes black.

is it like a screen saver or something that doesn't recover?

it's not really a problem now that i know what's happening, but it's one of those niggly things that's in the back of my mind now.

Whoa. That isn't right at all. There's no screen saver. You should post the video of the weirdism you are describing.

Hello warranty!

boyter

Reaction score
Sorry for posting on an old thread but the same thing happened to me last Friday.

Woke up at 4am to go desert riding. With my dirtbike already loaded I hit the remote start so the car would be cool by the time I got in. As its Summer here in Dubai I am constantly using the remote start.

Get in, reverse out of the drive way and hit the road. its now 4:30am and I'm still half asleep so I didnt notice if the rear camera came on but the radio is playing and I only noticed the blank screen when I went to change the channel. As zero2espect describes, the touchscreen still works (from memory managed to switch it onto my Ipod) it looks back lit but the screen is totally blank.

Upon returning from my ride, I put the key in, started and all was normal. I've not had time to troubleshoot and its not done it since. Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?

EwanS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it seems a common issue and always reveals itself to me but not the dealer - next cold start all is good again - microsoft Kaka Poopoo

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, are any of you running NAV-TV? I have not had any issues with the system until The Snoball. I figured the cold temps were causing the issue as it would usually come on after warming up and restarting it. I believe the only time it does it, as mentioned before, is when it is remote started.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP and others, Have double check that your running the latest My Ford Touch v.3.6.2

And I would suggest doing a master reset on the Nav. I know it's a pain but it might be worth the aggravation of having this kind of glitch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zero2espect

zero2espect

Reaction score
Yeah. Mine is still doing it. In fact this morning....I think it has something to do with it being started without being able to get the a gps lock. Eg. Remote starting in the garage or sitting in a covered car park turning it over and talking on the phone for 5 mins before pulling out.

What's really weird is that if you pull over, shut down the car and restart, it doesn't come back. It has to be left for a while and cold started.

I've just accepted it now (it's much easier to accept for us here in the gcc because I'd hate to think what the local dealer would do to try and fix the issue).

sent from my Sony Z1. sorry for any typos.