Received Raptor R information from the dealer I bought my 37 from.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally got an email update from my sales guy who sold me the 37 Raptor. They were contacted from their Ford Rep to their Owner that they will be getting 1 to order and they will have a 24 hour time line to place the allocation and build. Right now they couldn't tell me for certain if any changes to build will be allowed, the early thought process from the owner to me was they may be able to let me choose exterior color, but otherwise it'll just be completely fully loaded (fine by me, that's only what I want).

I really hope I get to keep my Code Orange color, I've come to love it and wouldn't want it any other way but I guess we will see. They told me I'm their guy for this allocation and the owner is saying I don't need to put down a deposit until he gets full confirmation of all the details from the Ford rep which he expects sometime in June.

Super excited. Hope it happens.

Ulises

Reaction score
So I finally got an email update from my sales guy who sold me the 37 Raptor. They were contacted from their Ford Rep to their Owner that they will be getting 1 to order and they will have a 24 hour time line to place the allocation and build. Right now they couldn't tell me for certain if any changes to build will be allowed, the early thought process from the owner to me was they may be able to let me choose exterior color, but otherwise it'll just be completely fully loaded (fine by me, that's only what I want).

I really hope I get to keep my Code Orange color, I've come to love it and wouldn't want it any other way but I guess we will see. They told me I'm their guy for this allocation and the owner is saying I don't need to put down a deposit until he gets full confirmation of all the details from the Ford rep which he expects sometime in June.

Super excited. Hope it happens.
Nice, did he mention anything about ADM or prices at all?

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, did he mention anything about ADM or prices at all?

I'm for sure paying adm. Paid $10k over on this raptor. I will probs pay $15k over on the R. All good tho because they said they will give me market retail less $3500 on my trade so if they're still going for $95k to $105k I actually may make more money off my trade than I paid and be able to take advantage of the tax benefit which will be significant.

OP
OP
BalorGrayJax

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they have a 24 hour window to build but who's doing the ordering if its your allocation? The dealer or you?

This is just what I was told on a 3way call with the salesman/owner.. they essentially said that the rep gave the word all of these Rs will likely be produced identical with the possibility of an exterior color option. I'm assuming it's part constraints talk/lingo going on. That said, it's very possible everything changes between now and June. I was told this would be a customer order vs stock order but that it's effectively a small window we either do it or we don't and that's that.

I'm crossing my fingers this isn't exactly how it goes, but.. im also impatient and want what I want so I may just roll the dice on whatever happens.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's smart for Ford to build them out exactly the same with maybe 3-4 colors. If they are going to do that then they should remove the customer aspect from it and let the dealer assign a buyer after they know what they are receiving.

Maybe I just have bad luck but I won't spend 90k-100k+ on a niche truck unless the quality is there. I'm not paying ADM, I am number #1 best customer, dealership like me long time.

pjbeats

Reaction score
Fingers crossed. I am #1 on the list and have been since I put my deposit in May of 2019 on whatever version of a SC V8 Raptor at the local dealer. Will see what happens soon I guess???

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you're saying you could get the R?

Don't be blowing smoke up our dresses here...