Received Raptor R information from the dealer I bought my 37 from.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I just have bad luck but I won't spend 90k-100k+ on a niche truck unless the quality is there. I'm not paying ADM, I am number #1 best customer, dealership like me long time.
Agreed! When my dealer, who I thought appreciated my business, offered to sell me a '22 with 35's for $15k over ADM (resulting in $93k) I was out with them and will not go back. Anyway, for $93k MSRP, almost anyone get a fully loaded C8. Yes it'll take 12-14 months to get, but well worth it IMHO.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting the only allocation at a dealer for only $15K ADM when that's typical "market adjustment" for standard Gen 3. Hope that works out, but normally if it sounds too good to be true...

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the R sounds great, but I’m just not sure about the 5.2L in it. I’ve put quite a few miles down with that engine and it’s a ton of fun, but in a truck will be even more thirsty and it’s also a little finicky when the temps get below 40. So I guess what I’m saying is I don’t know how good of a daily driver it would be in a truck.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the R sounds great, but I’m just not sure about the 5.2L in it. I’ve put quite a few miles down with that engine and it’s a ton of fun, but in a truck will be even more thirsty and it’s also a little finicky when the temps get below 40. So I guess what I’m saying is I don’t know how good of a daily driver it would be in a truck.
It’s going to be a very awesome truck, and a terrible daily driver. This should be a surprise to nobody.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s going to be a very awesome truck, and a terrible daily driver. This should be a surprise to nobody.
Yeah, I know, but the regular Raptor is actually a great daily driver, and a different V8 has the possibility of being one also with more performance than the 3.5EB. That’s why I’m questioning the choice of the 500 motor in the R.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What motor would deliver better performance than the 3.5ho without the fuel consumption and heat issues associated with the predator?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 6.8 would consume fuel at the rate of the 5.2 at around 5 psi of boost. It would get worse mpg than the 3.5 most likely.

As far as power, the 7.3 that the 6.8 would be based on makes 430hp in the SD. While they could turn that up in a lighter duty truck, they’d also be losing 500cc of displacement. I don’t really see that as being an improvement. It would sound better, sure.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford does not need to match the TRX hp because the raptor is lighter. Currently, you need about 630hp to have the same power to weight ratio. I bet a lot of the foo foo stuff is gone allowing a further weight reduction. I would like a turbo charged 5.2 between 600-650 hp, 400lb weight reduction with the 10 speed tranny. 3 progressive modes normal-almost no boost ever 400 hp. ASport maybe 4-5 psi boost 500 hp and Baja full boost 650 hp..

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guaranty that the foo foo stuff will all be standard on the R. It's going to be the highest of the high end F150s. It will also be insanely expensive. My guess is that the sticker will be over $100k and ADMs will be $50k+.

I would love to have one, but I do not think it would be fiscally prudent to even try.