Rear Seats Do Not Latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks, my 2023 rear seat don’t latch in the down position. Is this normal? I was pulling on the strap to raise the seat until I realized that no need to pull the strap and you can just lift the seat bottom. So what the hell is the strap for?

OP
OP
elking

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks and I had seen that video. But I’m still not sure what the seat cushion strap is for. The passenger side has two straps one on the seat cushion and one on the back cushion. the back strap allows lowering the back. Driver side has only one strap . If the seat cushions don’t latch when down then what is purpose of the cushion straps on passenger and driver side. Am I missing something here?

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you slammed them hard enough, I have to use the straps to unlock and push them up.

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the gen 3s are different because of the under storage needing to be locked but in my gen 2 the cusion would lock in the up position and you could pull the ******** either side driver/passenger to drop it back down. Have you checked for something blocking it or tried slamming it down harder? Sorry gen 2 experience only since i dont have my gen 3 yet. Try the manual

OP
OP
elking

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just slammed them hard and bottom cushions do not latch. I don’t see a latch to engage. They only lock in the up position and the strap releases the cushion down. Conclusion is they only lock in the up position.

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe this is normal for the Gen 3 due to the lockable storage…even when folded flat. Using the key is what locks the seat cushion in place. Both seats cushions will lock in the full up position and you use the straps to release them.

OP
OP
elking

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe this is normal for the Gen 3 due to the lockable storage…even when folded flat. Using the key is what locks the seat cushion in place. Both seats cushions will lock in the full up position and you use the straps to release them.
Thanks and that is correct. I don’t have under-seat storage so seat cushions don’t latch and no key lock for me.