Rear king 3.5 vs icon RXT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I already have a bypass rack (bed not cut yet) and wanted more than the std travel of a 3.0

what would the pros and cons be of a king 3.5 vs ICON RXT?

I’m running the icon leafs and the bump stop will support more travel.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I spent a bunch of time researching this last year. They are valved a little different, I think the Kings are biased towards high speed handling, the ICON are more compliant.

Don't take this for gospel, I've slept since I looked into this.

OP
OP
mpk1996

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent a bunch of time researching this last year. They are valved a little different, I think the Kings are biased towards high speed handling, the ICON are more compliant.

Don't take this for gospel, I've slept since I looked into this.

thanks. I was talking more the 3.5 mounted to a bed cage vs the RXT on a std factory mount. Was that what you were talking about?

D

Deleted member 12951

I did the RXT because I didn’t want to cut into the bed. If I lived where it was dry and my Raptor was a toy, bigger shocks through the bed all day long.

I have had the RXT for nearly 4yrs, extremely happy with it.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I already have a bypass rack (bed not cut yet) and wanted more than the std travel of a 3.0

what would the pros and cons be of a king 3.5 vs ICON RXT?

I’m running the icon leafs and the bump stop will support more travel.

Pro's...
3.5 will allow more usable droop and up travel. You will still have to limit that though.. (bumps and straps)
3.5's will allow you to to run hard enough to want/need a cage
3.5's have more comp/rebound control just because of the increase in piston and shim diameter
3.5's are cooler - looking.. and in the ability to resist heat due to more fluid capacity
You will actually use the bed rack
16" or 18" stroke available

Con's
Expensive
More shit breaks since you pound it harder
Cut a hole in your truck
Need to weld a tab for lower shock mount on rear axle