Rear Bumper Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need to shorten the overall length of my 2014 Supercrew by 2 inches for it to fit into my garage (the downside to living in town, short garages). It is still in transit to me from eastern Canada, but I have started buying goodies for it. It has the factory tow hitch and I do not want to remove it. It also has the rear sensors and I would like to keep them as well (wife will drive the truck once in a while and she has them on her Edge Sport and really likes them for safety, lots of kids in our neighbourhood). I have no problem removing the factory tow hooks for everyday use and can replace them when I plan go out to play around if they are an issue with the length. Prefer to just replace the rear bumper but can always do both front and rear if needed. I do not want to cut or modify the frame at all, just looking for replacement bolt on type. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory hitch sticks out as far as the step on the bumper does. I'd say you'll need an aftermarket bumper and aftermarket hitch that can retain your BU sensors. SVC makes a V3 rear bumper that might fit the bill. I'm sure there are others as well. Good luck.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could always cut the frame horns on the front and possibly get a bumper that would knock a couple inche's off that end versus the rear. If one exists that will work, I'm sure someone on here will comment

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
You're going to have to go with a @svc or @RPG rear bumper, both companies make great products. And since the rear has to match the front, both of them can also provide a nice frame-horn chop front bumper too!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could always cut the frame horns on the front and possibly get a bumper that would knock a couple inche's off that end versus the rear. If one exists that will work, I'm sure someone on here will comment
That gains you a better approach angle, not much gain in shortening the over all length because you are limited by the radius of the bottom valence piece. Not that it wouldn't look better, it definitely would.

To the OP - Going with an RPG or SVC rear bumper and hitch will get you the best result. You will want to consider shortening the exhaust and dove tail of the rear bed sides. These will add to the overall bad ass look of the truck.

Otherwise, should have gotten a SCAB. Lol... to late for that.

Help out the family's that these heroes left behind fighting for YOUR Freedom.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=840845
Donate now!

Yukon Joe
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions
www.runraptorrun.com

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you SURE that you measured correctly? I had the same concern about my garage when I bought my Raptor, and it turned out that I had a little more room for the truck than I thought. Before you make firm plans (and certainly before you buy anything) put your new truck in the garage and see.

If you do have to make alterations to shorten the overall length of the truck, do keep in mind that it is much more likely that someone will rear-end you than that you'll hit somebody else. Whatever you do to the rear bumper, don't compromise your armor.

OP
OP
Zeke555

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I am waiting until I try the truck in the garage first, just looking for ideas to be prepared for what extra it may cost to change bumpers. My garage is 231" long and stock says supercrew is 232.1".

Lol Yukon, I had to get a supercrew so wife would let me get a "family" truck. ;)