Raptors make horrible boats!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRaptorNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may think me a coward, but I avoid large bodies of water like the plague.

Best of luck with your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toadman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, you went to all that trouble for a few electrical problems? All I had to do was get my dam key wet. I could understand the remote buttons on it not responding, but the next day the PAT's chip wouldn't let me start the truck.
Totally grounded by a wet ignition key.
Thankfully it all went back to working after it dried out, those things will cost you about $4oo bucks.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would notify my insurance and let them jump in... Otherwise unplug your battery remove the interior and start cleaning it up.. Contact cleaner for all electrical connections and removal and airing out of all the pieces and parts.. Clean it twice and let it dry. Then start putting stuff back in .. Meanwhile the battery should remain disconnected until everything is back in and ready to start....

TheGovanator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This exact thing happened to me about a month ago. My BCM got fried. I took mine out (located in the kick panel on the passenger side) went up to ford and dropped $175 for a new one and then $100 to reprogram it to my truck. Everything worked after that. Some mud could be in your BCM or something on the circuit board of the BCM could have fried. Very inexpensive if it is just the BCM, but nerve racking for sure.

OP
OP
Soldier64

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw your post and for a second thought it was my truck! I was able to take the entire interior out and dry everything. I used electronics cleaner and cleaned everything. Put it back together and voila! All is working and back to normal. Very scary at first, happy it all worked out in the end. Thanks everyone for the advice.

OP
OP
Soldier64

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TL;DR

What was the outcome? I hope things are alright!

TS;DC (Too short; Don't Care)- Cliff notes version. Truck go in water. Truck sink to right side. Interior get wet. Things no work. Pull truck out. Get truck home. Pull interior. Clean and dry everything. Use electronics cleaner on BCM. Make sure all dry. Reassemble truck. Turn key. TRUCK WORK! Happy Attack Pilot.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Sorry to hear all this! I crossed a creek that came up and over my headlights. Went about 5 miles up a dirt road (at about 80+) yanked a buddies jeep out of the mud, and turned around and went back and crossed the creek again.

No issues, no intrusions. I was surprised. Especially after being lied to. "Nahhh dude it's not that deep."