Raptor vs Lightning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rapford75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Reptar is first in line, I'll be number 2. I've had a red 93 L, red 01 L and a sonic blue 03. Been thinking about buying an 03/04 in the near future. Hell, I want a FORD sport truck so much I'm considering buying a new 5.0 regular cab and putting lots of go fast parts on it, but that option would require getting rid of the Raptor and that ain't happening.

Last edited:

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought ford did make a sport truck? Gordon has one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 67

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Somebody posted a pic of their black Scab bottoming out and it looked awesome. I can't remember who it was. They have it as their avatar.

Delco.raptor

Reaction score
Personally I hope they don't re make a lightning for a few years. These new body styles are too big and goofy and heavy to support what's suppose to be a small power house with a bed on it like the gen2 lightning was

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I hope they don't re make a lightning for a few years. These new body styles are too big and goofy and heavy to support what's suppose to be a small power house with a bed on it like the gen2 lightning was

That's not true at all. The weights of a regular cab, short bed, 2wd, without extra creature comforts is right around the same ballpark weight as a L. There's a reason guys who bought a reg cab short bed 2wd 5.0 can slap a blower on it and have an easy 12 second truck, and with a few more mods in the 11's. Just as easy as a L with a few bolt-on mods. The weight when equally equipped isn't all that different, and Ford could easily use it for a Gen 3 L if they did one.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's not true at all. The weights of a regular cab, short bed, 2wd, without extra creature comforts is right around the same ballpark weight as a L. There's a reason guys who bought a reg cab short bed 2wd 5.0 can slap a blower on it and have an easy 12 second truck, and with a few more mods in the 11's. Just as easy as a L with a few bolt-on mods. The weight when equally equipped isn't all that different, and Ford could easily use it for a Gen 3 L if they did one.

But back in 05-06 the coyote wasn't even an idea and the FGT was sucking up all of SVTs resources. I believe the 04-08 truck were heavier then the 09+ trucks but the new motors help a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc