Raptor Values May Plummet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
My Raptor is a like a big toy to me and a recreation vehicle. We also own a Ram 2500 Diesel because it's more of a tool and we need it for our type of business. We also own a 14' Honda Accord that get's excellent gas mileage 28 mixed and 33 highway.
My wife drives the 2500 and I drive the Honda, it makes no sense to drive a truck as a daily if you really don't need it. I'm driving the Honda as a daily, not because I can't afford the gas in the Raptor but because it's just not smart. I work hard for my money and I'll save where I can so I can afford other things that are important to me.

Now as far as value, I see it maintaining. If it gets to extreme, I think dealerships will have a hard time justifying the ADM's on new Raptor's and TRX's but who knows cross your fingers.

Last edited:

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, the TRX will be dumped first, those buyers will replace with a Raptor having 40-50% better gas mileage

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ten years from now you will look back and see that even $5 per gallon was inexpensive.... And you can also say I really enjoyed owning that Raptor ! Those people in Toyota and Hondas spent the entire time sweating over gas prices.

Get a Tesla.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect the majority of Raptor owners don’t worry about the smiles per gallon price. However, just like in 2008 I do think it would of affected truck/suv prices if it wasn’t for the chip shortages. It took $115 to fill up yesterday but will continue to drive it even if it hits $6 a gallon. I would rather eat ramen than give up my truck.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They may plummet. But they could just as easily skyrocket. Inflation, supply chain problems, hostile government regulation. Ford makes only a few more before pulling the plug altogether. Now you're driving a scarce, highly sought after vehicle which will never be made again. Tell you what, I'll take $200k cash for mine, right now. It's a deal I tell you.