Raptor Regret?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There isn't another truck out there that I trust to take a 1000lbs of gear and beer 400+ miles to the outer Banks, get there, unload and go down the soft sand beach at 50-60mph (winter time), rinse off the chassis a few days later and drive 400+ back to NJ and it still rides like a Caddy on the highway and get 16mpg all the while.

PS, no one really hears their exhaust when they are using a Raptor in the wild as designed....I think this is mostly a Starbucks issue.

rngrjcw275

Reaction score
There isn't another truck out there that I trust to take a 1000lbs of gear and beer 400+ miles to the outer Banks, get there, unload and go down the soft sand beach at 50-60mph (winter time), rinse off the chassis a few days later and drive 400+ back to NJ and it still rides like a Caddy on the highway and get 16mpg all the while.

PS, no one really hears their exhaust when they are using a Raptor in the wild as designed....I think this is mostly a Starbucks issue.
HERE HERE!! Loved doing that when I lived in NC!

BigBlue20

Reaction score
No regrets what so ever! My Gen 2 is a truck designed from the ground up (pun intended) to be a fantastic off road capable high speed vehicle. It was designed for superior performance with the TT6 motor and the 10 speed while riding on a superior suspension system. It puts a smile on my face no matter when or where I drive it. And by the way, it’s a fantastic road travel vehicle with relatively decent gas mileage and excellent comfort. I don’t have a need for heavy loads, and as far as towing, it does a great job towing my motorcycle trailer. I’ve had over 100 other vehicles, and this is my favorite! And that’s saying something!

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a little leery when I started looking at Raptors. My previous trucks all had 400HP V-8's. However, when you think about it, a lot of your supercars are running high HP V-6 engines. The Raptor V-6 had been out long enough that the engine was time proven.

There were a couple of stupid little things like the AutoStop (which is pretty much on every car) and no phone charger. I put an AutoStop device delete and my phone very rarely needs charging while I drive.

I did some custom stuff to make it mine and recently added the Cobb Stage 1 AccessPort. That really woke the truck up and made it like new again after five years of ownership.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The v6 has a nice sound. Not at all like a v8 in a coyote or GT500, but given the performance it is acceptable. Would prefer a V8 Twin Turbo though...