Raptor Regret?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s really the wrong question, the reason most of us bought raptors regardless of the engine was for the suspension. The Raptor having the most powerful engines in the lineup was just a plus.

I prefer the v6 from my previous v8 truck purely for high altitude and staying in 10th gear on the hwy 99% of the time.
I cant agree with this more. This is 100% correct.

Reaction score
I went with a gen 1 for nostalgic purposes - I've always always wanted one - and, it was significantly cheaper than any gen 2 near me. Going from a 2019 f250 6.7 back to a 13 was definitely a change, but financially I'm much happier. And I've grown to really like the old man feel of it. The 6.2 is amazing and I'm a huge fan of it. But I don't think you'd be disappointed driving the eco either. My wife has an audi q7 with a supercharged v6 and it's a blast to lay into and faintly hear that blower. I also have a bmw m235i with a straight 6 turbo and that car is the most fun vehicle to drive that I've owned.

I'm a die hard v8 guy and always have been. I hate that they're going away these days. But that said, I can also appreciate vehicles with less cylinders and enjoy them for what they are too. Choice is ultimately yours but at the end of the day, a raptor is a raptor and it'll always put a smile on your face to drive the king of the (off)road

8250_RPM

Reaction score
I don't miss the V8 sound since having let go of the GT350R, especially considering most V8's don't sound that great anyway. Maybe I'm just jaded now with every other teenager with a Mustang and wide open exhaust. It's always been a thing but even more so now. I think we all associate sound with power. Can't tell you how many times a beater pulls up on me to bait me into 'racing' because they think they're fast. The Raptor definitely can pull it's own weight.

KorthausInc

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iv always had V8 F150s but have always wanted a Raptor. Does anyone regret buying a Raptor with the ecoboost? Im afraid ill miss the sound of a V8. How does the ecoboost feel compared to a V8 F150?

Are there any other things that people found out after they purchased that they didn't like about the Raptor prior to purchasing?
I’ve had plenty V8 cars and trucks, I loved them. I bought the Raptor Gen2 and 3 and they are amazing. It’s super fun to pull up next to V8 cars that sound super cool and then put the screws to them light to light. I always wonder if they are happy getting left behind just because their car has cool V8 sound. At the end of the day horsepower is horsepower no matter the cylinders.

spack

Reaction score
I’ve got I4’s, v6s, i6s, v8s, and one v10. They all sound different and I like them all. Having said that, sound doesn’t make my decision making list.

No regrets on a gen2 for me.

Somebody should write a phone app and tie the obd2 rpm to a Bluetooth engine sound allowing you to select whatever you need to hear and pipe it through your B&O

tractorman

Reaction score
Iv always had V8 F150s but have always wanted a Raptor. Does anyone regret buying a Raptor with the ecoboost? Im afraid ill miss the sound of a V8. How does the ecoboost feel compared to a V8 F150?

Are there any other things that people found out after they purchased that they didn't like about the Raptor prior to purchasing?
I love V8's. I have a video of my last LS7 Z06 (cam and tune) that I listen to occasionally. No doubt the V8 sound is awesome. But this truck does everything so well, that instead of missing the V8 sound, you will often be thinking "This V6 is amazing". I have no regrets.

JustACowboy64

Reaction score
I regret it. The compliments and the phone numbers from Swedish bikini models is too much for me to handle. If I were you, I would steer clear. You don't want this life.
And if the Swedish bikini models weren’t enough, seems like it has a homing beacon for scantly dressed SI swim suit models. Little hard to explain when the dog is barking at 2AM and you find them in the driveway. Huge Regrets!

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I’ve got I4’s, v6s, i6s, v8s, and one v10. They all sound different and I like them all. Having said that, sound doesn’t make my decision making list.

No regrets on a gen2 for me.

Somebody should write a phone app and tie the obd2 rpm to a Bluetooth engine sound allowing you to select whatever you need to hear and pipe it through your B&O
You can make a nissan leaf sound like a GTR and a monster truck IIRC