Raptor R rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartylamb

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the Raptor R’s rims weigh? I want to pick up a lighter set, but if the cost doesn’t justify the weight savings, I’ll keep them stock. On EBay the stock R rims/tires are going for around 5k, seems expensive but would take a big bite out of the HRE’s I’m looking at.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I can save 15-20 lbs a wheel depending on what I go with….should be a big difference.

Weight loss numbers are closer to 10-15 pounds per wheel even for the really spendy sets that fit. Still significant but a far cry from a 20lb drop per.

Good discussion here.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the Raptor R’s rims weigh? I want to pick up a lighter set, but if the cost doesn’t justify the weight savings, I’ll keep them stock. On EBay the stock R rims/tires are going for around 5k, seems expensive but would take a big bite out of the HRE’s I’m looking at.

If you don’t mind me asking. What is the weight saving for?

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel economy, handling, acceleration, and braking are all advantages to a lighter wheel and tire combination. Reducing unsprung weight is a boon on or off pavement.

All good points thank you.

OP
OP
S

Spartylamb

Reaction score
Beat me to it, thanks. A unique rim with a unique finish as well. I am waiting until i decide if I’m taking it to around 1000hp. If so, I’ll go with the 13.5. If I leave it stock, I’ll stick with the 12.5. I’ll let some you you cowboys lead the way. You can safely take a gt500 it 1000, I’m not so sure with the extra 1800 lbs in the R. I think the internals will have to be upgraded. Thoughts?

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beat me to it, thanks. A unique rim with a unique finish as well. I am waiting until i decide if I’m taking it to around 1000hp. If so, I’ll go with the 13.5. If I leave it stock, I’ll stick with the 12.5. I’ll let some you you cowboys lead the way. You can safely take a gt500 it 1000, I’m not so sure with the extra 1800 lbs in the R. I think the internals will have to be upgraded. Thoughts?

Depends if everything is forged like the GT500. Should be fine if so. Honestly a tune, pulley, TB, intake, would make it an absolute monster for very little $.