RAPTOR Build Numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow so that means there were only 3862 5.4's built?

Wonder what that means (if anything) long term collectability wise.

Eagle Keeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow so that means there were only 3862 5.4's built?

Wonder what that means (if anything) long term collectability wise.

I've been thinking about that as well. The conclusion that I came to is that the 1st 6.2's will be worth more long term than the 5.4's. If you compare them to all other collector cars, more cubic inches = more money. But only time will tell!

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about that as well. The conclusion that I came to is that the 1st 6.2's will be worth more long term than the 5.4's. If you compare them to all other collector cars, more cubic inches = more money. But only time will tell!

Agree 100%... I dont see the 5.4 as being collectable, as I see none of these trucks being collectable to be honest... just like the GT500, they will build so many of these that anyone who wants one will get one, thus supply will meet demand.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good points for sure.

I think I disagree somewhat. When you look back in history, what car was it that ushered in the "muscle car era"? What car made raw power available to the common man? The '64 GTO? The '63 Galaxie? The '64 Malibu?

The specific car isn't so much what I'm asking... I think what I'm saying is no matter which you pick, it for sure isn't going to be the most powerful or fastest of the 'era'. But all those I mention are incredibly collectible because they might be the "first".

If there's going to be an "offroad era", I think the first Raptor will be "collectible". And the first Raptor is the 5.4.

Of course, I could be full of chit. I dunno :p

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You never know with these things... since the 5.4 has been completely phased out it will likely become the "rarest" and possibly the most collectable version. And the 5.4 will always be the first truck in what could turn into an era of factory built "off road" trucks.

I think the analogy to the muscle cars of the '60s is a good one... in a few years the Raptor could be seen as the truck that started a similar revolution.

But I didn't buy mine as a "collector's item"... I bought it to DRIVE! :)

F150SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its a 5.4 here you go:

http://www.24me.com/opendir/ford/2010FordRaptor5.4L.htm

Look at the number in front of your vin on this link: Example:
32. 1ftex1ev2afa00091
33, 1ftex1evxafa00095
34. 1ftex1ev5afa00098
35. 1ftex1ev7afa00099
36. 1ftex1evxafa00100

My truck is like 2275

Call Ford Performance 1-800-FORD-788 ask them about build numbers and SVT certificates. They told me they do plan to offer the SVT certificates.

Here is the link for 6.2's through aug09.

http://www.24me.com/opendir/ford/2010FordRaptor6-2L.htm

Through aug09, looks like they built 3806 6.2L Raptors.

I "think" the numbers are just reference numbers and not the actual build number. Not sure though. If you look at the build numbers for the 6.2, the first 9 out of 11 were built on feb 04, and they are before the jan11's. #31 shows NOV19.

If the numbers are correct....mine is number 2118