Raptor Assault Registration now open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally watched some footage on this. Not really impressed to be honest. Granted I can drive about 20 min and be in the same kind of terrain if not better. I could see the east coasters wanting to do it since you guys have no desert stuff, but it looked a lot more tame than I was expecting.
It is what you make of it.
The RA instructors likely have more experience and knowledge about these trucks than anyone else. They will take you to the (near) limits of the truck and teach you about the various off road modes of the truck and using the rear lockers.
I doubt many have not put their truck in a 30 degree bank without doing it at RA first. The instructors answered everyone’s questions about the truck and mods.
It is also a social event to meet others with similar interests and hobbies. A great way to make connections.
The photography they will take for you is a bonus.
The option to bring a driving guest is new.
Enjoy!

rosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is what you make of it.
The RA instructors likely have more experience and knowledge about these trucks than anyone else. They will take you to the (near) limits of the truck and teach you about the various off road modes of the truck and using the rear lockers.
I doubt many have not put their truck in a 30 degree bank without doing it at RA first. The instructors answered everyone’s questions about the truck and mods.
It is also a social event to meet others with similar interests and hobbies. A great way to make connections.
The photography they will take for you is a bonus.
The option to bring a driving guest is new.
Enjoy!

I'll agree. I learned a lot at the raptor assault, and i plan on going a second time. It is a great experience and well worth the trip. Ford didn't have to do this for any of their vehicles, but they are extremely proud of their ford performance line up and wants everyone to experience the full capabilities of what they can do.

I'd also recommend the bronco offrodeo for anyone who's getting a bronco.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan to go late August/early September once those later dates are released. I went in 2020 after purchasing our 19' and it was a good time!

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a fun time. Enjoyed it in 2020. Rented a convertible for the week and drove around the mountains and did some hiking last time as well. Great excuse to visit SLC, Park City, Brighton, Sundance, etc... Excited to go back and take my father-in-law this time around. May 2-3 for us. Thinking I might drive out this time.

Brownie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on booking my spot tomorrow. Any suggestions on things to do in the area while I'm there with my wife?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where are we going then?
If you like tracks the look up TORR (also does a couple trail runs a year as well) and/or Savage. I just got back from a trail run with TORR down in black water forest in florida. We covered about 100 miles per day. Last year we went to talladega forest in Alabama. I think we are going to do part of the trans American trail this fall too.

Just depends on what you are looking for. It isn’t California where you can just hop off the highway and run some desert, but there are places wide enough to do some exploring. A good place to start looking is state parks/forests, national parks/forest. I think there are a few apps that help you find trails near you.

The track events are fun too. Going to VIR in April.

Edit:

I forgot about silver lake sand dunes in Michigan, they also have a trail system there as well.

Last edited:

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I plan on booking my spot tomorrow. Any suggestions on things to do in the area while I'm there with my wife?
Check out Salt Lake downtown, including Temple Square, Lion House, Antelope island, skiing, spa for your wife if she’s not going to RA, Olympic park at Park City, etc.