Raptor’s Hood and Front Fenders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I am a prospective Raptor owner. What are Raptor’s hood and front fenders made of? I read they are made of fiberglass. Is this correct? If so, are they durable? Why they are made of fiberglass (and not solid metal like other F-150 trucks)? Are vents on the hood functional? If so, is there a water leakage in case of rain/car washing? Thanks!

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hood is metal, Fenders are some sort of composite / polymer. I would assume that the fenders are not metal because of the draw and forming around the headlights. It would be really hard to get metal to behave like that. Hood vents are functional, but the plastic over is about 3 times larger than the actual vent hole through the hood. Not enough wanter can really get in there to worry about.

Durability should not be a concern. The stock parts have been beat to hell by many a owner and held up real well. Unless a tree was involve.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure about the hood not being metal?

I know when I hooked up my LED bar there was a grounding cable toward the back of the hood on passenger side and I'm using it as a ground, and my lights have been working for a year on that set up. Of course it's hooked together with the grounding cable so that could be the reason for them working anyway.

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hood & fenders are both composite. Ground strap is there for the front marker lights.

I actually think it's a plus, no chance of corrosion.

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure about the hood not being metal?

I know when I hooked up my LED bar there was a grounding cable toward the back of the hood on passenger side and I'm using it as a ground, and my lights have been working for a year on that set up. Of course it's hooked together with the grounding cable so that could be the reason for them working anyway.

Positive. I've got two big rock dings in the hood and can clearly see the composite material underneath. Your circuit is working specifically because you're hooked to that grounding cable. I'm not saying there's not a metal form back there where the hinges attach to the hood but, if you take an axe and hit the hood, it's gonna split like any fiberglass/composite hood should.