Raptoberfest 2014 Damage Report

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I removed the end of the Ford Racing exhaust to straighten out the hangers today. Looks a tad worse than I was expecting. Weld broke and took part of the stainless tube with it. Would the suggestion be to have someone put a stainless ring around it and weld in place then attach the hanger to the new ring?

9547a3515acd8a330295b6a7dbefbe00.jpg

I had a similar issue with my Roush cat back. Roush replaced the part that broke under warranty. I had to take the broken part to the dealer in the box the replacement came in, but otherwise it was easy.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I had a similar issue with my Roush cat back. Roush replaced the part that broke under warranty. I had to take the broken part to the dealer in the box the replacement came in, but otherwise it was easy.

Yeah looked up the warranty on the Ford Racing, no warranty whatsoever and I just purchased it in June. Having an issue finding a shop that can weld on stainless. And the ones I have found, are backlogged with work until November.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Don't they tag your VIN in the "system" when something is denied so then it doesn't matter where you go?
No, they don't. We have had things denied, then approved at other dealers. We have also had things replaced under warranty and other dealers aren't able to look up this information.

Ps...We are interested to what they said caused your IWE that they wouldn't cover?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Well....

The inspector stopped by College Station ford and decided not to warranty my truck because it's "modified." I asked which modification on my truck caused an axle shaft to fail. He said he couldn't answer that.

I was reading my ESP contract. They throw all kinds of crap in there.

7. WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT: Unless stated otherwise (See STATE SPECIFIC provisions for additional exclusions or changes), this
Agreement does NOT cover:
a) Repairs covered by manufacturer recalls or any insurance or warranty;
b) Service adjustments, cleaning not made with a covered repair and
software upgrades;
c) Repairs to any engine, transmission and final drive components for damages caused by an after-market (non-factory installed) part including but
not limited to: turbocharger, supercharger, Compressed Natural Gas (CNG),
Liquid Propane Gas (LPG), Nitrous Oxide fuel system modification or any
other performance enhancing powertrain components including but not
limited to Ford racing parts or accessories;
d) Repairs caused by loss of lubricants or fluids or contamination of oil, fluids
or fuel and repairs caused by continued operation of the vehicle after loss of
lubricant or fluids or contamination of oil, fluids or fuel;
e) Repairs caused by improper or unauthorized service procedures, collisions
or other physical damage to the Vehicle, damage caused by foreign objects,
unreasonable use (including driving over curbs, overloading, or using the
Vehicle as a stationary power source), damage from fire or explosions, road
hazards, other casualty losses, or losses due to negligence, racing or Failures
caused by: (1) alterations or modifications of the Vehicle, including the body,
chassis, or components, after the Vehicle leaves the control of the
manufacturer (any part or accessory that is not permanently affixed to the
Vehicle at point of sale); (2) tampering with the Vehicle or the emissions
systems and components; (3) the installation or use of any part not approved, certified or authorized by the Vehicle's manufacturer or any repair caused by after-market (non-factory approved) PCM reprogramming; or (4) any part designated for ``off-road only'' that is not installed by the manufacturer, including, but not limited to, lift kits, oversized tires, aftermarket wheels that do not provide equivalent fit and function as the original equipment installed by the manufacturer, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting systems and performance-enhancing powertrain components

WTF??

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't they tag your VIN in the "system" when something is denied so then it doesn't matter where you go?

I think RW answered this but, no sometimes some dealers try harder to warranty things. Judging from your pics it looked like the vacume line was severed which I don't think would be covered. I had cuts in the tiered end boot that I ended up fixing myself after last years havoc in the hills event.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Yeah looked up the warranty on the Ford Racing, no warranty whatsoever and I just purchased it in June. Having an issue finding a shop that can weld on stainless. And the ones I have found, are backlogged with work until November.

Just wanted to say some kind words. Looking at Ford Racing and AMP Performance websites, it clearly states there is no warranty. I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask anyways and play dumb. I emailed Tom at AMP Performance. He immediately asked for a picture and sent it to the National Sales Manager at Ford Racing. I was contacted this morning by Ford Racing and told they are sending me out a replacement Ford Racing Touring Exhaust catback with basically no questions asked. Awesome customer service from both parties, very impressed and I am stoked!!!

EDIT: More awesome news. They are OVERNIGHT shipping it too. Wow!

Last edited by a moderator:

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Wow I just called addictive desert designs to see if they have done any swaps or could source custom made axles and the guy that answered the phone pretty much told me I'm ****** until the OEM ones come out and them just hung up on me. I would love to know why they decided hanging up is the best option instead of letting me know what I can do.

On the other hand, outlaw Offroad was very friendly and told me they only use the OEM ones and aren't to sure about where to get any of them custom made. So kudos to outlaw Offroad for great customer service and I honestly will never order anything from ADD ever again.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Just wanted to say some kind words. Looking at Ford Racing and AMP Performance websites, it clearly states there is no warranty. I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask anyways and play dumb. I emailed Tom at AMP Performance. He immediately asked for a picture and sent it to the National Sales Manager at Ford Racing. I was contacted this morning by Ford Racing and told they are sending me out a replacement Ford Racing Touring Exhaust catback with basically no questions asked. Awesome customer service from both parties, very impressed and I am stoked!!!

EDIT: More awesome news. They are OVERNIGHT shipping it too. Wow!

True to their word, still in awe on this customer service. Sitting on the front porch when I just got home!

532403b8f6947999382be0aa858354a3.jpg

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice...you have to send the old one back? I've been trying to email ford racing myself, happen to have their address?