GEN 2 Radar Hard Wire (******)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxcap

Reaction score
Not sure if you realize... but the optimum positioning for best detector performance is as high up as possible (not blocked by any magnetic based tint), in the center of the windshield and pointing ever so slightly downwards. Mounting on the dashboard blocks a lot of signal from the large hood and air intake. The same applies to dual function with front and/or rear laser.

Lift_to_suceed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you realize... but the optimum positioning for best detector performance is as high up as possible (not blocked by any magnetic based tint), in the center of the windshield and pointing ever so slightly downwards. Mounting on the dashboard blocks a lot of signal from the large hood and air intake. The same applies to dual function with front and/or rear laser.

Was going to mention that as well, you get better detection times too coming up over a hill etc.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

jsouth5

Reaction score
Any reason you can't pull power directly from the mirror instead of running a new wire and separate fuse? My understanding (haven't pulled the cover yet) is that there is ample power to the rearview mirror...for auto-dimming, I've assumed.

Thanks...good thread and I appreciate the help.

atl_raptor

Reaction score
Was going to mention that as well, you get better detection times too coming up over a hill etc.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for input and I toyed with mounting it up higher, but I like the lower look better. Plus it's easier to keep an eye on it for me since mine displays my speed and the speed limit as well. I read a lot about where to mount it before it was on my 11' screw and ultimately decided to mount it low and never had any issues. In the 17 raptor, where it is now, it's only about 7" or so lower than mounting below the mirror, has a clear, straight line of sight over the hood/vents and is level with the road. Also, even with it mounted lower, it sits higher than most vehicles on the road around me.

sharkhunt

Reaction score
Perfect. I was hunting a nice place to get low-amp 12v switched power to run to the module that controls the factory side spots. I removed the pin from the connector to that module that supplies 12v at <5 mph and jumped it to the pin next to it that supplies 12v constant. Only problem there is that the spots stay on after you turn the truck off.

Last edited:

LabRat

Reaction score
Theycallmedunn...I am thinking of getting a ****** myself and wonder how you like yours? I am currently using a V1.

RaptorGuyNC

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up and pictures! I use Waze for my Police detection, but I'm about to move my dash cam over to the new truck and this will help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter