Quietest No Drone Exhaust W/ LTs & High Flows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, nice... @NJStangersJonathan has the kooks with the ford racing, sounds mean...

Thanks man...I really do love how it sounds but lately I'm hearing a rattling sounds coming from the Ford Racing Muffler when I start it up....I wonder if I destroyed the internals....already have 5000+ miles on the headers.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

I seen that one also I love how is sounds but does he have the Borla resonator that comes with the touring kit and does it drone is what I was wondering. I seen a post some where and he made the commit that the drone wasn't that bad but didn't state if he had the delete pipe or Borla resonator, I think the factory resonator is to short for long tubes

Hey not much drone at all...I do alot of highway driving and the truck is quiet at highway speeds 70-80mph. Only gets loud when I get out of 6th gear and the drone is more common at lower speeds during acceleration but that's about it. I have a custom resonator delete pipe as well.

WhatsUr20

Reaction score
Does any one have any suggestions for a quiet drone free set up, I have 1 7/8'' Kooks long tubes with green cats also super charged. I currently retained the stock resonator and installed a 34'' Borla 3''in/3''out multi core pre runner muffler. Sound is ok more like having a giant turbo muffler and drones pretty bad around 1500-2000rpms. I've been looking at the ford racing/ Borla touring set up was just wondering how loud it would be and if there was any drone?

Keep the resonator (which you have so far) and snag the Corsa 14387. Should still hear tire noise more than exhaust on the highway... CORSA

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everybody's ideas of "loud" and "drone" are going to be very different. If you truly want the quietest exhaust with no drone, save your money and keep it stock. I don't think the difference in performance is going to be measurable with the aftermarket exhaust.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everybody's ideas of "loud" and "drone" are going to be very different. If you truly want the quietest exhaust with no drone, save your money and keep it stock. I don't think the difference in performance is going to be measurable with the aftermarket exhaust.

He's got lt headers, so the stock exhaust will still drone unless the resonator is fabbed into the setup. Performance difference with headers a tune and exhaust will be very noticeable...

OP
OP
D

decoste77

Reaction score
Spoke to tech at Kooks the other day there true duel setup has 4 mufflers and is very mild but also $2k and I don't care for the way it exits I would prefer behind the tires instead of out the back because of when pulling a trailer long distances. I may just take it down to borla in Ca and have them do a custom job.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's got lt headers, so the stock exhaust will still drone unless the resonator is fabbed into the setup. Performance difference with headers a tune and exhaust will be very noticeable...

I noticed he has headers and supercharger too. What do you think the difference in power is for the aftermarket exhaust vs stock resonator and exhaust? Not trying to be sarcastic because I really have no idea but I would think it would take more than 40-50hp to really notice on vehicle this heavy and with that level of power.

I still think if the criteria on which the exhaust is measured is lowest noise and least drone then the stock setup is the best choice.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed he has headers and supercharger too. What do you think the difference in power is for the aftermarket exhaust vs stock resonator and exhaust? Not trying to be sarcastic because I really have no idea but I would think it would take more than 40-50hp to really notice on vehicle this heavy and with that level of power.

I still think if the criteria on which the exhaust is measured is lowest noise and least drone then the stock setup is the best choice.

honestly, without getting it on a dyno, i wouldn't be surprised at at least a 30hp , possibly more. with the headers and exhaust he'll get some increase, plus a tune, he'll definitely see some increase. as far as the drone, like you said, it's all up to the person...

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had SW long tubes installed with Corsa Sport and there is no drone, I will confirm. It is loud though. My indy had to build a lighting style side exhaust for the exhaust because it didn't fit properly. Not sure if this is normal or not. I love the loudness but I'm still trying to decide if the in-cabin noise is too much and move the exhaust back to rear exit.