Quiet Time Exhaust Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DCM

Reaction score
ok thanks. I will have to try it again, maybe i did something wrong. Does it show the exhaust icon in quiet mode on startup when its enabled?
You have to enable it and set the schedule for it. Then when you start it during the scheduled time, it does show the exhaust icon in quiet mode on startup. I have my schedule set to the max allowed which I think is 23 hours, so it's alway in quiet mode except for a 1 hour window from 3-4am when my truck is parked in the garage.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if someone with a 2023 can check if quiet time was returned to the standard options?

GT4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to enable it and set the schedule for it. Then when you start it during the scheduled time, it does show the exhaust icon in quiet mode on startup. I have my schedule set to the max allowed which I think is 23 hours, so it's alway in quiet mode except for a 1 hour window from 3-4am when my truck is parked in the garage.
Just followed your steps but have the same error message as @jeff_k with it "not being available".

I did a reset of the APIM after adjusting the setting and no success. Can't seem to find anywhere to schedule the quiet start time in the menus either...

EDIT: A restart of the truck got the setting to enable and a schedule option to appear in the infotainment. All good on my end now - functions as expected. No more rattling kitchen plates during remote starts in the garage now.

Last edited:

breal

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just followed your steps but have the same error message as @jeff_k with it "not being available".

I did a reset of the APIM after adjusting the setting and no success. Can't seem to find anywhere to schedule the quiet start time in the menus either...

EDIT: A restart of the truck got the setting to enable and a schedule option to appear in the infotainment. All good on my end now - functions as expected. No more rattling kitchen plates during remote starts in the garage now.
What year model is your Gen3? I have a recently built 2022 I’m hoping to implement this on. Has anyone had success updating this through forscan on a 2022? Thanks.

Last edited:

LennyMoe

Reaction score
Not trying to be a troll haha, but wouldn't it make more sense to have that one hour window be like 2-3PM or something? In that off chance you need to leave the house super early and don't want to wake anyone up at 3:30AM.

OP
OP
D

DCM

Reaction score
Not trying to be a troll haha, but wouldn't it make more sense to have that one hour window be like 2-3PM or something? In that off chance you need to leave the house super early and don't want to wake anyone up at 3:30AM.
Hasn't been an issue for me. Set it however it will work best for you.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is 23 and has quiet mode. However, it doesn't work on remote start which for Winter is when I use it the most. It only works when I go out and physically go and start the vehicle. Is there anyway to enable quiet mode when it remotes starts?