Quickly discovered an issue with owning a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trugrit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the truck on 1 Dec and I am already having issues.....Yesterday it was about 42 degrees, getting dark and colder and I am in my driveway washing my Raptor!!!! This can't go on as it will be getting colder and colder but I don't see it ending. :crazy:

Any kind words of advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Trugrit

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the truck on 1 Dec and I am already having issues.....Yesterday it was about 42 degrees, getting dark and colder and I am in my driveway washing my Raptor!!!! This can't go on as it will be getting colder and colder but I don't see it ending. :crazy:

Thanks,

Trugrit

You need to get that thing offroad and filthy. The next you will realize washing is futile!

Congrats btw!

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:think: Try running a hot water line to your hose outlet.

But, be forewarned.

> Extreme differences in temperature between glass and water
:birgits_tiredcoffee will yield a nasty 'crack' up.
Kinda like 'lady' who fly upside down - have nasty :Moon: crack-up. :hidesbehindsofa:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score

Thanks,

Trugrit

Wash it when ya can for a month or two. Then say SCREW THIS like most do. I will clean mine up after the huntin season once and then after the meet in April.

BDRAG

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leave a steaming pile of dark brown on the floor of the local self-service car wash. The owners like that.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I found that the truck just looks better dirty. Wash it once a month. That's all these trucks require.:waytogo:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
It was kind of a cool discovery when I found out that it gets more attention at shows dirty than clean. That's a lot less work for me!

OP
OP
trugrit

trugrit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I'm sure the truck would look good covered in mud, I think it looks pretty damn good cleaned up with the tires shined up.

While cleaning up the wheels today, I noticed an problem with the front driver's side wheel. :shocked: Will try to get some pics tomorrow and explain the problem. Guess I will be testing the customer service of the local dealership very shortly.

Lukeizzle21

Reaction score
congrats on the truck! do you get a lot of snow/road salt where you live? I would definitely wash it often if you do.
or like knine said.. leave a nasty pile of dirt & mud at the local quarter wash. done it a few too many times. haha