Question about Flame Blue color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdusseau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I need honest real world answers from guys/gals with the flame blue color. How is the blue as for showing scratches dents, dings, ect.

I know the white well and am conflicted on if I want to change when I order the '12.

I made the mistake of buying a Black car before and absolutely hated the upkeep. Is this a problem with the blue? Scratch control not frequent washing.

Does the Flame Blue show the swirls and spider web scratches after a few off road adventures?

Please be honest. I am not asking if you would change just want to know how the truck looks when clean in the sunshine.

Todd

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my Blue for 5 months now. Unfortunately, it sits outside 24/7.

I'm also paranoid and wash it once a week; but it's been 2-weeks at times too.

Overall, I'm impressed. It hides dirt pretty well, the metallic just becomes 'muted' and doesn't sparkle or pop compared to being just-washed; but overall it's not bad.

Can't comment on actual scratches or swirls, but I've also got a Vista blue (same as flame but a touch darker) and it hides most everything ok as well.

Flame is nowhere near as bad as black. The metallic will cover up a lot of clearcoat 'ills' like swirls/scratches, etc.

White is a safe choice; SILVER is really the ultimate hider of all evils. It will just get duller and duller but you'll never see a lot if it, just the nasty stuff.

My last 150 was torch red, it was awful. Shows everything almost like black (almost).

For the Raptor, best to worst @ hiding things..

1) Silver
2) White
3) Blue
4) Orange (red)
5) Black

Last edited:

chapba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just hit 10k and wash probably as much as i get it dirty soooo alot lol. wax does a decent job of keeping most off road scratches to a minimum but i run on wide roads in the SW. i have noticed a couple of scratches on the clear coat from but i never meant this truck to be scratch free in the first place :)

i love the color and theres too many damn black/white trucks out there anyway....

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Normally I am a white or silver guy on my trucks. The Raptor I decided to change things up and try the BF. It looks great washed and waxed but it does require more effort to keep it looking good. Water spots are a real bitch. I wash and dry and park inside and still get spots. I clay bar them and wax is the only way to get rid of them. 2-3 washes later they are back. If I had it to do again I would likely go white or silver.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree on the silver being the best (color) to hide the dirt and crap. I didn't wash mine for a while once and I was like, "Damn, it's not that dirty!" Then I washed it and it was a total color change.

Pretty wild.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 28k on mine driving it all over the US and through lots of different things. I only have one rock chip on my hood. Its holding up great. The rock chip im going to cover up with the flat black hood decal.

OP
OP
tdusseau

tdusseau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone. I currently have a white truck so know the advantages, mama likes the Blue so she got me thinking just maybe I might switch. But like our adventure with the Black mustang, it was pure hell on me. Lol

I am one to use as designed, so yes truck will see trails, mud, sand, and good ol' Georgia clay. I just don't want to have to do things like clay baring, cleaner wax, then polish, then seal, ect just to avoid the spider web scratches, halograms and the like.

Anyone here have some real world pics of the screw in white with all graphics?

Again thanks for all the help.

Todd

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't know but blue is the fastest. And jumps further.

Yes sir, Blue is by far the best color:peace:

Seriously though, I've had black trucks before and they was a nightmare to keep clean!! So I wanted something different and loved the Flame Blue. Anyhow, I live in a dusty environment and the flame blue handles the dirt really well!

Mayhem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went from a Black car, to a blue flame raptor.. Definately not as brutal as black, but if you neglect it you'll see the stuff you don't wanna see. And the Raptors pretty nasty about kicking stuff up the side. Honestly, good luck keeping a Raptor clean regardless of what color you get... It's the nature of the beast to get dirty. A quick rinse though and the blue flame really looks amazing. I was lookin at black/white raptors before purchasing and originally not considering blue much... until I saw one in person.. Had to have it :p I was kind of a freak about anything showing on my previous rides paint... but I've come to accept that it comes with the territory in the Raptor.