Question #5: Best deals? Time for Crazy to ---- or get off the pot!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bow to your seniority. :D

It was only written on 2011-2014s. And missing the "L".

I unfortunately wasn't around much during the sasquatch saga.

I waited for the 6.2 which came later in the 2010 model year, but I did not need it printed on my door. You could tell by the awesome sound it made with the AFE CAI and MagnaFlow True duals it was no 5.4 Raptor wanna-be!

Now, I am happy with the growl of the 3.5 and the rest of the modern benefits of the Gen 2.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If everyone only knew the real plan.....
You live in Maine during a pandemic. You’re just lonely. Hope you find the truck you’re looking for and she loves you as much as you hope she will.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put down the crack pipe, you’re not getting a 2020 order at invoice price unless you get A plan from Ford, and even then you’d have a hard time.

All the 19s I’ve seen lingering on lots in April are gone. A lot of the 20s I saw are gone. People aren’t afraid to buy anymore and they’re showing up in droves. Don’t let anyone tell you there isn’t a demand for these trucks, there definitely still is. Even though the F-150 is the second oldest 1/2 ton right now, the Raptor is still king of the hill in most peoples’ minds, including the casual buyer who will look at one and then sign and drive for an XLT.

You might get a good deal if you can find a dealer who wants the truck gone, or if you have a good working relationship with them. That’s it. You’re not going to magically waltz into a dealer and demand an ordered Raptor at invoice. Not going to happen. Dealers want to move the inventory on the lots for an easy sale, not deal with an ordered vehicle for minimal return. Sorry, just the way it is.

That's just not true. You're giving your opinion as if it's fact, it's not.
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/dealers-selling-2020s-at-invoice.75517/page-2

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There might not even be a '22. And then the '23 would be gen 3, overpriced and less reliable for the first couple of years. So you could be out to '25 if you're not careful. I still think buying off the lot is safest. If word comes down from Ford between the time you order and the time you close, you could get royally screwed, and then, with the word out, you could be looking at MSRP + $10k anywhere you can find one in stock. If the timing of the money is the issue, then it might be a risk worth taking, but I wouldn't do it if I had the cash in my hot little hands ...

I ordered mine. Unfortunately I’m in the process of a refinance on the house so even if I found the perfect truck I couldn’t buy it for 2-3 weeks.