PTSD and me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I posted something similiar to this on another forum and I got dragged. When I seperated after 21.5 years in the Military I had a ruff time adjusting back to being a civilian. Now I was very fortunate not to have gone through what so many like you have been through. I spent 4 trips of 3 years in the Middle East but it wasn't what many went through. Those have my deepest sympathies and respects. Don't be surprised if you don't find what you're looking for or what you need on this forum just because Raptor. You need to get with guys that have been through what you went through. There's an understanding there, and a strength that can come from that relationship. Most people just can't fathom the physical, spiritual, emotional aspects many Military go through. Just know that you are appreciated and loved and life is worth living and if you feel that low there is only one way to go and that's up. I would suggest to find anyway to help others, like that team. Be surprised what that can do for your own soul. Feel free to send me a PM, we can BS anytime.
I felt safe with these guys, I learned a lesson about talking positve about a Tundra but other than that it's been a great place for sure. I'm not on social media at all, I do however consider this my Twitter but with a useful purpose lol.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this challenge FRF Brother and feel free to do likewise in the future.
with all I'm dealing with, drive to my school, help coach our JV football game, get our you know what kicked hard 22-0....but thank God for my coaches and those kids, spending time with them helped settle me down.
I pulled this out to draw attention to some positive here - sure, the score could have been better, but the victory here is you getting there and being part of the game; keeping your responsibilities and being the role model needed. This is no small feat.

Little victories add up, so try to count them and keep them foremost in your thoughts.
You’re among friends here.

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this challenge FRF Brother and feel free to do likewise in the future.

I pulled this out to draw attention to some positive here - sure, the score could have been better, but the victory here is you getting there and being part of the game; keeping your responsibilities and being the role model needed. This is no small feat.

Little victories add up, so try to count them and keep them foremost in your thoughts.
You’re among friends here.
Thank you, those JV kids love the varsity coaches being with them at the games, I knew what I needed to do for them and myself really. I appreciate it my friend.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I felt safe with these guys, I learned a lesson about talking positve about a Tundra but other than that it's been a great place for sure. I'm not on social media at all, I do however consider this my Twitter but with a useful purpose
Yeah there is a thread on SVTP about the Tunda, Chevy and I think a different Chevy engine. The Chevy's actually look good compared to the last decade or two. I wanna get back into a V8 and with the ADM's that'll probably mean not a RaptorR You have a puppy/dog by chance? Man mine brings me so much joy in life....not even a huge dog but I love her.
Sophie.jpg

Reaction score
Hey Brother,

I know I can't do much but reach out on here and tell you I feel your issues. I know it helps writing things down in a journal or to anyone that will listen. We hear you, and we're here for you. You never have to go too far to find someone who shares the same experiences. We stick out like a sore thumb sometimes, but that is good too. We know who can relate and who will listen. Keep your head up, brother!

Team 3226,
USA,
Baledogle Somalia

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man I feel your pain. I saw some things myself in JR ROTC. Things you can't unsee. We were deep in the woods behind the concession stands and the girl next to me took a honey bee sting right on her hand.

She went down, hard. In a heap of tears we carried her for 3ft to the cart we had ridden there in to keep from getting blisters from marching.

The next thing you know we were surrounded. 20 cross country boys had heard my squealing from the boots rubbing my ankle. These 105lb pimply boys were on a mission to put me down. My partner was the closest they had been to a girl in their lives, but we made it.

When we made it to the nurse's office I can relate to the embarrassment. When she announced out loud that my mom wouldn't come early to get me I could have crawled in a hole.

Honestly, guys like me set back and make jokes and really just take things for granted when guys like you have given us this life. I sincerely thank you all who have served and put us all in a position to just sit back and have a good time. Humor is my way of coping. Hopefully, just a little smile from my nonsense raised the mood for a second.

One thing I learned from my own struggles is that people will never ask for help. I realized that I would always say, if you need anything let me know, but as a person in need, there last thing I wanted was people thinking I couldn't do something for myself.

I realized from being a bad patient myself that I can't put the burden of asking for help on someone who is already down. I just do the things that need to be done for people now without really waiting for the ask. To have you on here talking to us puts you light-years ahead of where I was. Good for you.

Chin up and thank you for everything you've done.

Last edited:

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firefighter here; having some tough times lately too. Called my Employee Assistance Program for someone to talk to about it. It was Saturday, the message said call back.

What if that was the moment I just couldn’t take it anymore? Now I have sixteen people calling me trying to schedule calls, prying into this and that.

I needed the help then in that moment, and beyond as well, but not three days later. Now I’m regretting I even said anything at all.

No wonder we have 22 a day. It’s all lip service it seems sometimes.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want to get dogged for saying it, but I feel like this place is a lot safer to air out these types of things. Dare I say, a safe space.

I have been pretty open here with dealing with some shit and made some good connections with people here.

I love that you can air shit out and be talked to respect and empathy. Unless you post a GEN2 in the GEN1 "what did you do to your raptor today?" thread, then you can get bent.

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
You took a bold step forward by opening up and expressing yourself. Keep up the good fight. I called my safe space yesterday only to find myself laughing three minutes into the conversation upon hearing myself express my feelings. Her response was “That’s what I’m here for, a sounding board. Sometimes it takes being listened to to listen to ourselves.”

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll admit, I’ve had some pretty dark times both in personal and professional. Keep talking about it - it’s good to get it out.

More importantly, stay involved in something you enjoy doing - fishing, off-roading, golf whatever.

Keep in touch with those around you and thanks for sharing your experience @Meat2022

It’s a very hard thing to admit.

Hope that helps.