Power Tailgate Error - Won't open "stow step"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm
Not without breaking into it.

They were able to get a snake in there and pull the wire latch. Issue resolved
still curious about this truck cover that you can't open without opening the tailgate first. I want to make sure I never buy one

What brand/Model is it?

EndlessEight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm

still curious about this truck cover that you can't open without opening the tailgate first. I want to make sure I never buy one

What brand/Model is it?

Not sure what rock you are living under but most of the bed covers are for security, sans the Velcro ones, and you cannot open them without the tailgate opening first.

One of the bed covers that is lockable on the outside took up bed space and were not an option for me.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm
Not without breaking into it.

They were able to get a snake in there and pull the wire latch. Issue resolved

What brand/Model is it
Not sure what rock you are living under but most of the bed covers are for security, sans the Velcro ones, and you cannot open them without the tailgate opening first.

One of the bed covers that is lockable on the outside took up bed space and were not an option for me.
My Diamondback opens no problem, must be made of said rock...

Guess my simple question was too challenging for you. Brand and model and I'd be able to learn something, but go ahead, put me under your rock...

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BAK Revolver line tonneau covers require the tail gate to open in order to roll the cover up. They are also one of the most popular brands if you want a flush mounted roll up type.

Last edited:

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My question is what brand requires the tailgate to be open in order for the bed cover to open

Is that what you were trying to say?

Yes.

Sorry, I edited my post. I have a Bak Revolver x4s. It’s flush mounted and made out of aluminum with vinyl top. In order to open/roll it up, I must open my tail gate first. Then grab a pull line which releases it up. Most flush mounted ones are this way. At least in my experience.

Attachments

• IMG_0749.jpeg
    IMG_0749.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
Donmatteo

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes.

Sorry, I edited my post. I have a Bak Revolver x4s. It’s flush mounted and made out of aluminum with vinyl top. In order to open/roll it up, I must open my tail gate first. Then grab a pull line which releases it up. Most flush mounted ones are this way. At least in my experience.
It's a security feature that works too well when you can't open the tailgate. If you know where the cords are to open it, all you need is a long screwdriver. I made sure it was open before I dropped it off at the dealer. I love the X4. Nice and flush.