Possible to swap 2014 center console to 2012?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Navin jacob

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have 2012 Raptor. The interior feel kind of dated plus the system is pretty laggy. I have already the purchased the 2014 center console with the screen and all the hardware to run it.

Any pointers and has someone done this before? I really would like this system compared to the Tesla/android junk i have used on someone else's ride.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have 2012 Raptor. The interior feel kind of dated plus the system is pretty laggy. I have already the purchased the 2014 center console with the screen and all the hardware to run it.

Any pointers and has someone done this before? I really would like this system compared to the Tesla/android junk i have used on someone else's ride.
yeah, trade your truck in for a 2013 or 14. simply put, it will not work. 2012 and older are different than 2013 and 14. they are not compatable. this has been discussed a few times over the years, but i dont think anyone has actually tried it. the cost factor alone would steer people away. the older gen 1 trucks do not have the specific data required to integrate into the newer electronics. to buy all the computers and modules to make this happen, would be in the several thousands of dollars. then finding some way of coding the data...... not to mention install of these modules, computers, and harnesses. even though its a gen 1 truck, there were drastic changes (elecreonically) between 12 and 13/14

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another option is to go with a pioneer, sony, kenwood, etc... while there isnt an exact fit dash kit available, a good installer can make one for a lot less than it would be to have an oem radio installed. plus with that, you can use car play or android auto if you wanted. and have newer maps