Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Popping sound

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by vamsye, Feb 12, 2020.

1. vamsye

vamsye Member

New 2019 raptor here.
    Today When I was driving i heard 2-3 times a popping sound from truck. This is the first time i heard it. 4000 miles on truck as of now, not sure what that sound is.

Edit:
    I was driving the truck and I hear a loud popping sound from under the truck, it was like empty can blown kinda sound. The first time was louder and this happened when i let go off the gas to step at the red light.

the same thing happened two more times but these two times the sound was not that loud.

i feel like the sound came from under the rear side of the truck.

Sorry did not post more details earlier.

Appreciate ur feedback.
    Thanks,
    —Vamye

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. hj_s14

hj_s14 Full Access Member

Man , you gotta give more info than that... I’m not sure if anyone would be able to help with “pop” noise ...

3. jabroni619

jabroni619 FRF Addict

Agree with above, way to insufficient information to even begin offering suggestions on what it may be.

4. vamsye

vamsye Member

I have updated the original post, thanks!

5. dirtyboot

dirtyboot Member

Like a rear-end differential clunk when you go from the throttle to the brakes for a light?

I was just looking to create a thread about this question - as I've payed more attention to it over the past couple days it's transitioned from originally seeming like something was sliding around in the bed, to a diff clunk, to being rear-ended, to a decel pop, but haven't tracked down the source yet. 5100 miles, guess I first noticed it around 2-3k but had been dismissing it as expected diff noise.

6. vamsye

vamsye Member

Yes, you are right at first I thought there was something sliding around the bed of the truck.

7. Raptorrunner2019

Raptorrunner2019 Full Access Member

I had gear pinion out on mine almost new. It was only at a certain speed 45-55mph. And with a certain amount of throttle (light), like what it takes to maintain speed and a little more. If you hammer it didn’t do it and didn’t do it at no throttle. Got to be really annoying. Good luck on fix. Sounds like you might want to have it looked at, but make sure it is repeatable.

8. vamsye

vamsye Member

Thanks, I will make a note of "gear pinion". Today when I was driving I did not hear the sound. I need to hear it again and try to record it before going to the dealership.

9. Ktl302

Ktl302 Member

Agree that it's probably a full of fuel pop...

sixshooter_45 and vamsye like this.
  10. vamsye

vamsye Member

Yes, it was like 2 minutes after filling up gas.
    What is a fuel pop?
    Should I get this checked?