Phoenix Android Audio retains Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

datnut

Reaction score
I emailed them about the nav and gauge issues some of us are seeing, provided my number in the message. Received a response suggesting I call them for tech assist. When I called I got a voice message asking me to leave my number. Has anyone else tried contacting them?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be nice if they would properly title the youtube videos such that they are easier to find, par for the course it seems. This is what I used:

Well that vid doesn't apply, the options are different on ours, I hit every button and nothing.

TXBrian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that vid doesn't apply, the options are different on ours, I hit every button and nothing.

I just did mine using that video and it worked.
Then USB didn't show up first time but I disconnected and put back in and it worked.

datnut

Reaction score
I just did mine using that video and it worked.
Then USB didn't show up first time but I disconnected and put back in and it worked.

1. Put the file on your thumb drive and make sure you don’t have a (1), (2), etc. at the end of the file name.

2. Insert thumb drive in the tablets USB port.

3. Verify the USB symbol appears at the top of the tablet.

4. Press settings.

5. Press system info.

6. Press and hold on screen until pin pad appears.

7. Type 7890 then OK.

8. Press MCU upgrade.

9. Press CAN upgrade.

10. Make sure plug box is indicated at the top of the screen.

11. Press simple upgrade.

12. Should start download automatically from there.

djc1603

Reaction score
I emailed them about the nav and gauge issues some of us are seeing, provided my number in the message. Received a response suggesting I call them for tech assist. When I called I got a voice message asking me to leave my number. Has anyone else tried contacting them?

Same experience here. I emailed asking about how to exchange my unit due to poor sound quality during streaming and they emailed back telling me to call. I called today and left a VM. We'll see...

ajitpal toor

Reaction score
Had anyone got fixed gps I think everyone has same problem but
But no solution
I have same issue
location, Sync3 NAV spins in the opposite direction, when I’m driving it show off on driection
Checked all wire is correct tablet gps is working fine

4945275C-225D-4C59-A95E-324752DB7E00.jpeg

E27DEB49-AFDF-4575-93EA-1C088A334529.jpeg

018C5905-1740-4EE6-A1B4-567C5C48A887.jpeg

4CBE5DA5-15C2-4442-A6C8-D5C53622FF22.jpeg

amp

Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I'm gonna have to bow out of messing with this. Not having Sync3 reliably start up is a deal breaker for me because I need my backup camera. I just replaced everything back to stock. If it was just the Sync3 NAV system out of whack, I could probably live with it because Waze or google maps is light years better than Sync3.

FWIW, the Sync3 NAV and everything else works fine immediately once you return it back to stock, so don't worry too much if you guys want to keep experimenting. I believe Guy is on the right track that it's some sort of signal interference issue.

Going to drive to their shop tomorrow to drop it off and let them know. The owner/head guy is named Alex, and he's aware of the issues we are having. He and I spent a few hours over a couple of days trying to figure it out, but didn't have any luck. He comes across as a good guy, genuinely interested in making things right, but it's a small shop and he's spread thin. He thinks it's a software issue and I've been with him for a few hours while he was talking to the engineer overseas. If he didn't give a shit, he wouldn't have spent as much time as he did trying to figure things out.

I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread and I hope you guys have more progress with it. Good luck.