Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thing is going to kill me! Its been soaking in vinegar, I got a 8lb sledge and banging the crap out of it. 0 movement. Whoever decided to put an uncoated steel snap ring has a special place in automotive hell. Got a 4x4 with a 1" hole drilled through it for the shock to sit on and a 4" steel pipe. View attachment 441679
Or do the easy thing and drive up to Everett and do an exchange for a set of rebuilts from me and let me deal with your stuck perch ;)

n204life

Reaction score
It finally broke free!!!! Thank god the other side only took a couple hard whacks and moved. Decided since I've done this much work I might as well rebuild them too since they're out and don't rebound when you push the rod in. Just ordered the seal kit with 1/2 gal or Lucas oil.
Thanks again to @Jhollowell for giving me a plan B if I needed it!

I will say, the pipe did not help I ended up doing bicep curls with the sledge hammer and whacking the crap out of the collar while rotating it. Gave it heat, tons of vinegar & PB blaster and gave her hell.

20240123_151513.jpg20240123_151528.jpg