Painting skid plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, those stock bumpers and skid plates stick so far out; they just get smashed so easy. I wouldn't have wasted the time. I was on my third skid plate before I got smart and put a bumper and plate with a better approach angle. It does look really good though. I guess I would have used spray paint while on the truck, using a little card board to mask the edges, because I would have had to paint it every time I went off-road.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...You can pull the center plastic panel off the front bumper...and mask and paint that small part below that center grille (on the bumper). The pan/skid plate drops very easy...(4)13 MM and (2)15 MM bolts and it drops. Then easy to spray.

I get they may get destroyed if off-roading...But my Pavement Princess will be OK. I have gone through some pretty crappy snow/ice/salt and all still looks like new so far. I have also jumped an occasional curb or two when the A-holes in the Chik-Fil-A drive-thru line are blocking the entrance to Chipotle :)

DC

1641742501305.png